Can the keyboard be used only for speed dialling, or could I hypothetically set "c" to open my camera? I can't find anywhere on how to do it if it's possible, there's still so much to my Bold 9700 that I don't know!

Edit: Hmm I think what I actually mean are "hot keys"?
    Last edited by AngryChineseDriver; 12-25-09 at 01:07 AM.
    12-25-09 12:56 AM
    You can turn off "dialing from home screen" in the Phone app. But the "hot keys" or whatever are pre-set by Rim and cannot be changed. Some apps have them assigned and that's that.

BUT there are 3rd party applications that can help. You can assign these 'launcher' type apps to your left/right convenience key and then use hot keys in these apps to bring up other apps.

Look for Intellilaunch, Quicklaunch and Shortcutme among others.
    12-25-09 10:14 AM
    The only way that you can do that (minus what was listed by the above poster) is by downloading Plazmic Theme Builder, creating a theme of your own, and adding those shortcuts in manually through the Composer program that comes with Theme Builder. If you make a theme of your own, though, then yes you can set applications to any key that you'd like. A lot of new themes are coming out with the space bar being a shortcut to QuickLaunch, for example.

Also, the keyboard is used for pre-installed shortcuts if you have "Dialing From Homescreen" turned off. I'm not sure if the 9700 is exactly like the 9000 or not, but on mine "M" goes to messages, "K" goes to keyboard lock, "A" goes to address book, and so on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by JayKayBee; 12-25-09 at 01:26 PM.
    12-25-09 01:22 PM
    Yeah I checked everywhere and it doesn't look like I can do anything but turn off speed dialing. Which isn't what I want, I want more hot keys!

I got ShortcutMe, which as F2 says uses a convenience key to "initiate" hot keys.
    12-25-09 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD