Hey guys....so i recently bought a blackberry bold, and I was wondering if i could use my iphone 3g sim card in my blackberry bold.....will it change my plan at all if it works? Has anyone done this?
    08-23-09 02:58 PM
    I don't think it will work because u need a "blackberry data plan" but hei give it a try if it works then you won't have to change the plan...
    08-23-09 03:15 PM
    It'll work as a basic phone (texting/calling). You can also use MEdia Net. You won't have BBM, email, MMS, or Browser (the ability to use it).

It's best to switch to a BB data plan and use that on the BB and the iPhone so no features are lost on either device (except for VVM on the iPhone).
    08-23-09 03:20 PM
    so if i were to switch over, would i be able to use the bb sim card in my unlocked iphone
    08-23-09 03:58 PM
    Hmm I don't know about that. I though if you had an iPhone plan you could switch back and forth. N luck for me.

I will be switching back to my blackberry bold(work) and hope to be able to switch back and forth after that. So if anyone can validate that we would be able to switch from bb to iPhone and have all services. That would be great.
    08-23-09 09:45 PM
    Just call att, they have by far the best customer service in my opinion and they should eaisily switch your plan from iphone to bb no prob and for free. I was in this EXACT same position and they took care of me over the phone in about 5 minutes with no charge to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 10:45 PM
    The iPhone plan will not work on your BB as you a Blackberry plan to unlock the use of so many things such as email, browser, bbm etc.

I have no doubt AT&T will be able to swap you over easily to a BB plan but whether that would still enable you efficient use of your iPhone I don't know.

BB data travels through RIM servers, iPhone data doesn't so if you get an unlimited BB data plan you'll be fine for everything you do on the BB but you're carrier may well charge you for the data you use when you're on the iPhone as this will be ordinary no RIM GPRS / 3G data.

It may be possible to get a BB plan and ask AT&T to bolt on extra data allowance to cover your iPhone use but if not constant swapping could end up very costly.

Best advice is to give them a call, explain and see what they say.

08-24-09 05:24 AM
    It'll work as a basic phone (texting/calling). You can also use MEdia Net. You won't have BBM, email, MMS, or Browser (the ability to use it).

It's best to switch to a BB data plan and use that on the BB and the iPhone so no features are lost on either device (except for VVM on the iPhone).
    How can i do that?.. Some people refers to a link...
    09-22-10 02:07 PM
    How can i do that?.. Some people refers to a link...
    you cannot get BIS on an iphone, you will have to call ATT and have them switch you iphone data plan to a BIS plan

09-22-10 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD