hi,
    i bought my bold9000 from US and used fully functional with Turkish mobile operator with an BIS.
    than i moved to China, for same phone i applied for BIS from China Mobile. signed monthly contract and register my phone to wireless network and create my email account in their dedicated page at chinamobile.blackberrydotcom
    i received my service books and start send&receive emails without problem. But strange things start to happened after that.
    first of all when i checked service status both BES and BIS shown as "not connected"
    secondly, when i turn on Wi-Fi, i can use for web surfing but in the manage connections section check box is not ticked with green checked mark, instead of marked with (-)
    my default browser stuck on "Monternet" even i can install Opera i can't make it default one.
    can't connect Blackberry App world as well, it says "you are currently on service plan that requires a Wi-Fi connection to use this application."
    same thing for Facebook and twitter apps.
    well i don't know what's wrong with that, is it way of china mobile blackberry service or what.
    when i contact with china mobile customer support only they are asking me if i can send&receive emails or not, when i say yes, they say there is nothing more can they do...
    any idea how can i overcome for these problems ?
    11-22-11 06:49 AM
    hi,
    i bought my bold9000 from US and used fully functional with Turkish mobile operator with an BIS.
    than i moved to China, for same phone i applied for BIS from China Mobile. signed monthly contract and register my phone to wireless network and create my email account in their dedicated page at chinamobile.blackberrydotcom
    i received my service books and start send&receive emails without problem. But strange things start to happened after that.
    first of all when i checked service status both BES and BIS shown as "not connected"
    secondly, when i turn on Wi-Fi, i can use for web surfing but in the manage connections section check box is not ticked with green checked mark, instead of marked with (-)
    my default browser stuck on "Monternet" even i can install Opera i can't make it default one.
    can't connect Blackberry App world as well, it says "you are currently on service plan that requires a Wi-Fi connection to use this application."
    same thing for Facebook and twitter apps.
    well i don't know what's wrong with that, is it way of china mobile blackberry service or what.
    when i contact with china mobile customer support only they are asking me if i can send&receive emails or not, when i say yes, they say there is nothing more can they do...
    any idea how can i overcome for these problems ?
    well twitter and facebook are banned in china. so i dont think you'll be getting any access for those here. i got the same issue with the blackberry service saying 'not connected' did you manage to sort out that issue? cant seem to get my whatsapp to start workin.
    but my bbm is working which i guess is alright..
    02-06-12 07:38 PM
    well twitter and facebook are banned in china. so i dont think you'll be getting any access for those here. i got the same issue with the blackberry service saying 'not connected' did you manage to sort out that issue? cant seem to get my whatsapp to start workin.
    but my bbm is working which i guess is alright..
    well somehow PRC managed to convince RIM play by the red book !
    I just bough BB bold 9788 from CM office. it is specific model produced for CM and has 3G and funny thing is made in canada also have contract from CM for the blackberry BIS service 108rmb/month.
    everything is working fine but still has same indication BIS is not connected. but all the app including BBM and app world is working fine.
    whatsaap i didn't installed yet but it was installed in my previous Bold 9000. i suggest you first connect to wifi in your home and than run the whatsapp. this app automatically detects wifi and initializing over wifi. after that i could able to use with gprs/edge as well. you can check it in this way.
    burak
    02-07-12 02:28 AM
    Issue with showing not connected to BIS is due to some SB not been sent. Need to contact the SP you use and ask them to resend.

Since SEP China Unicom also provides BIS/BES. The pros are:
    - offers BIS Full - while China Mobiles' is only Lite
    - cheaper - BIS is 60RMB per month, and call/data packeges start from 46RMB - can get 50 minuets + 150MB, or 6or 96 for example can get 250 minutes + 300MB. Planty of plans.
    - China Unicom runs a "standard" GSM/UMTS network (HSPA+ included)- all Canada, ATT, or European BlackBerries are fully compatible. While China Mobiles 3G is TD-SCDMA - and to have 3G you need to get their 9788 device - with any other GSM device on their nework you can get only GPRS/EDGE
    Cons are:
    - Coverage not great one - usually in subway will be out of signal(data and voice) and some buildings, including office and residential, the coverage might be very poor. It depends on the area of your usual activities. In my case - mostly in east and north-east parts of the city is OK.
    - While there are plenty of China Unicom offices in the city looks like the one at Dong Dan (east to Wang Fu Jing) only offers BB services. If you want to subscribe - should go there in person. If you have trouble finding the office - send me a PM, will give you the contact number of the guy in charge for BB services.

With BB you can use Facebook and Twitter only if you are on BES and the server (hosted BES for example) is located overseas. The BES with China Unicom costs 100 per month - on the top should pay for hosted BES services.
    02-07-12 11:44 PM
    actually i did send SB several times but is not working but anyway the way i used right now there is no problem for the CM BIS service, it works fine but not flawless.
    you are right about CU but since i am using my phone number 7 years i can't dare it to change both for business and personal contacts. since number moving between carriers is not possible right now, i will stick with CM. that is the reason this time i bought my mobile direct from their office with payment plan (188rmb/month) so i can enjoy all 3g functions. otherwise it meaningless as you stated above with CM only 3G standard using iphone, or other balckberry because GPRS/EDGE is sucks here...

for using twitter and facebook, actually there is another way with wifi limited, it is not a way that everybody can joy but it is a chance anyway. if you have DD-WRT modem in your house you can set up a VPN client into modem and over the wifi you can use twitter/FB while you are at the home. since BB is not possible to configure VPN clients to the phone trough L2TP or PPTP such as Iphone.
    or
    you can set -up a virtual wifi client in your computer and use your computer as VPN wifi hotspot and use your BB at home with twitter/FB.
    02-08-12 02:46 AM
    The good news about CM is that in next few months they will start offering BIS FUll as well - no info on pricing yet.

Re "jumping over the Wall" in the past was using L2TP and PPTP with iDevices. Now on one of the netbooks installed a proxy software, Chinese friend gave it to me, which works really well - the only issues is it is a "security risk" so its on "dedicated machine" - only used for over-Wall browsing when needed.

On BB, have a BIS plan with CU,additionally to the BIS using BES Express Server located in Germany. After activation need to delete couple of service books and then all traffic goes BES - no problem on BB or PB (when bridged with the phone) to access FB and Twitter via browsers. Also on BB can use FaceBook and Twitter App, or (in my case) using UberSocial - works really well (but only with BiS Full).
    - when CM gets BIS full send me a PM will give you details how to subscribe - it is non-commercial project - fees are only to cover servers hosting cost - its 100RMB/Y
    02-08-12 11:22 PM
    If you are using WIFI without Blackberry data plan with your device i suggest you to try Opera mini.
    02-09-12 05:45 AM
    For Check data usage on China Mobile you can used this topic, there all insructions how to do this.
    02-15-15 02:54 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD