How do you send files from one phone to another using the blackberry 8800? The only thing i can get it to do is 'pair devices' which is useless! How do i send a file (eg a picture) from another phone to my blackberry via bluetooth?

Many thanks.
    08-19-07 08:04 AM
    1. On the receiving device, go to media, select what you'll be receiving (photos, ringtone, etc), press menu, then select receive using bluetooth.

2. On the sending device, send using bluetooth...

MUST BE DONE IN THAT ORDER!
    08-20-07 07:56 AM
    thank you so much, problem solved.
    08-23-07 01:41 PM
    You cannot transfer files from computer to phone. Access the phone as a "storage device" was an option from my computer, but it said it was not available. But you can transfer file from phone to other people though. For example, in media folder, you can send each song or video via bluetooth. The above review are for people who are already familiar with BlackBerry's powerful phone feature, for those of you who aren't read the following more indepth explanation of why BlackBerry beats other competitors in managing call. (Remember, a BlackBerry is a phone first, everything second device.)
    Last edited by Hank Freid; 05-08-08 at 06:07 AM. Reason: for correction
    05-08-08 06:01 AM
    Yes, you can send files via bluetooth. I finally figured it out. Go to Applications, then choose Files. Then hit the menu button and scroll to Receive Using Bluetooth. Then on your computer choose the file you want to send and tell the computer to Send To Bluetooth device. It works! Halleluiah!
    02-18-10 09:41 PM
    I transfer pics from my macbook to my berry via bluetooth, so YES, it can be done.
    02-19-10 01:37 PM
    Thanks... It worked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD