Okay I'm posting for this for a friend. We both live in the UK but she is in holiday in France. She has a curve 9360, and is on pay as you go. This is with Orange and a deal which lets her have the same rates abroad. She used this sim in the UK the day before she went away to make sure blackberry services worked, and it did. However, after arriving in France she cannot send or recieve blackberry messenger messages. She can however text the UK.

Any ideas? Hopefully I've given enough information
    08-08-12 07:52 AM
    Her carrier might not have data roaming contracts with a pay as you go service, only voice and text.
    BBM runs over data, have her look into what her data pay as go go service is.
    08-08-12 08:06 AM
    She says that the guy in the Orange shop told her it would work?
    08-08-12 08:18 AM
    Have her check
    Settings
    Networks and connections
    Mobile network
    And Data while roaming needs to be turned on
    08-08-12 08:41 AM
    well when I was in France, Orange said it would take up to 2 days to activate bis/bes

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-08-12 09:08 AM
    How long is she on holidays? It may just be worth it to have her purchase a local pay as you go sim card. I was just in Portugal for 2 weeks and purchased a Vodafone sim while there. for 20 euros I had 500mb of data and full BIS service as well all 10 euro credit for text and voice. The 500mb was more than sufficient to consistently upload photos to FaceBook as well as BBM with my sisters and best friend back in Canada. I know that I could have added a roaming plan from Rogers but I was concerned with exceeding the data allotment and being charged exorbitant amounts for roaming overages. With the local sim card, I could control what I spent. Plus, I had a local phone number if I needed to call family members or restaurants for reservations.

But yes, I was also informed that it would anywhere from 1 to 24 hours for BIS to be working. My 9860 took approximately 3 hours and a "register device" for my BIS to work while my girlfriends 9360 took a full 24 hours and a "all off" of the Mobile Network and a reboot to get her BIS to work.
    Last edited by tfp; 08-08-12 at 10:48 AM.
    08-08-12 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD