Hey there, im from England and im going to the Republic of Ireland next week. My landline on it is Vodafone and im on contract, I have 100 texts, 200 minutes of calls and free WAP internet with Blackberry contract. So can i take it to another country because im not on the Vodafone passport thing?

So, i normally use MSN Messenger and Web Browser on it. if i dont have it in ireland, i be bored. so do i need to upgrade anything on it?

thanks
    10-08-09 09:17 AM
    You should be able to use it, but you'll have to pay roaming charges most likely...
    10-08-09 12:00 PM
    I would call Vodafone and check with them.

I tried to find a link to this story, but I couldn't.

We have a show called Mythbusters here in North America. One of the guys on the show traveled to Canada from the US and used data roaming while he was here. He assumed that it would be OK to do that on his plan. He ended up incurring $11,000 in roaming fees.

I would hate to see that happen to anyone.

Hope you have a nice vacation.
    10-08-09 12:10 PM
    Well im not going to a vacation. i'm going to see my other family there. so i would never ever use phone or texting on it. i basically use MSN and internet browsing. My parents normally pay my contract on vodafone with blackberry data. Im nervous to tell them to ring up vodafone UK about this.

So if Republic Of Ireland is part of the UK, we wouldn't have any problem.
    10-08-09 12:38 PM
    Data charges can be worse than voice and sms actually...

Get your Berry unlocked and get a local SIM card for Ireland...
    10-08-09 04:57 PM
    How do i get my phone unlocked?

plus im not gonna use pay as you go for the internet!

I very rarely use the phone part of my phone, i rarely SMS my friends. all i only ever use is MSN and the web browser
    10-09-09 04:17 PM
    anyone?

I haven't got long left till tomorrow.
    10-12-09 04:50 PM
    Call your carrier. They are the only ones who can definitely tell you whether the area to which are you going to travel is covered under your current contract.
    10-12-09 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD