Howdy Folks!
    Just jumped on to the BB bandwagon after years of Treo's & WM devices.

Must say, thus far I am impressed. Might be a BB carrier for life.

Anyway, I am trying to find out if anyone here knows if one can use BB messenger from Dubai out to the rest of the world?
    I have family over there & will get them to switch to BB's if I know this can work.

Input anyone? Thanks.
    Last edited by Iron_Hide; 02-11-08 at 07:56 PM. Reason: spelling change
    02-11-08 07:48 PM
    I doubt you can, plus the local carrrier would not alow it as they would lose $$$ from SMS messages, SMS is big there. Carriers there don't even allow SMS to be sent from their web site.
    02-11-08 07:53 PM
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting.
    I actually asked this over at HOFO and got a very different answer.

I would actually like to hear from somebody who is there, as opposed to what people THINK might be the case.

Thanks for the input anyway. All input welcome!
    02-12-08 07:59 PM
    Simple fact.... If you can have a data plan in Dubai you can use BB Messanger anywhere in the world.
    02-12-08 08:03 PM
    Simple fact.... If you can have a data plan in Dubai you can use BB Messanger anywhere in the world.
    Well, it would appear that you are indeed correct. BB Messenger does work out of Dubai. Had someone on Howard Forums confirm it, as they have folks over there that actually use it with no probs.
    Thanks to all who chimed in!
    02-13-08 09:17 AM
    I doubt you can, plus the local carrrier would not alow it as they would lose $$$ from SMS messages, SMS is big there. Carriers there don't even allow SMS to be sent from their web site.
    bb messenger doesnt use sms
    02-13-08 09:45 AM
    Confirmed u can use it. I sent a msg to some there and they got it.
    Last edited by bombay; 02-14-08 at 05:54 PM.
    02-13-08 03:25 PM
    You most definately without a doubt can. The main reason I switched to BB is 'coz my fiance lives in the UAE and we can use the messenger!
    02-15-08 07:08 PM
    You most definately without a doubt can. The main reason I switched to BB is 'coz my fiance lives in the UAE and we can use the messenger!

where in UAE, Dubai ? I was there last month. That place is a paradise.
    02-15-08 07:42 PM
    It Works perfect here IN UAE in dubai

AM from Dubai Buddy

Its a nice place as other member said its a paradise
    02-17-10 09:14 AM
    I live in the US and have someone from Dubai on my BBM. It works.
    02-17-10 09:53 AM
    Now that we've established the fact that BBM can be used in Dubai, I have another, more complicated question: Does the BBM work in dubai over Wifi (on a device that has BIS services activated in another country and while in Dubai, has network services turned off and only Wifi turned on).

UaeSalman: you might be the only one to be able to confirm this - would really appreciate if you would.
    03-04-10 03:25 PM
    well .. it worked only once for me .. a friend just came back from pakistan and he was telling me that it worked for him on wifi, while he had his saudi sim inside .. but i just tried it on my phone and it wouldnt let me do it .. so i guess its all based on luck .. or how funny you're fone is acting ..

plus, etisalat just upped the limited package to 50mb from 3 for AED 95 .. get that .. for messengers including bbm and a little browsing it'll give you a month's usage, easy ..
    03-05-10 10:17 PM
    add me 28EB171B
    03-07-12 03:00 PM
    BBM 7562b9ba
    Add
    10-24-13 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD