Hey guys,

I have an update for my BlackBerry Curve 8520 and it was an official update off CrackBerry, software 5.0.0.1036. I tried downloading and updating my software over Desktop Manager but after completing the regular process of how to update the BB on Desktop Manager, it would say right before installation that I have one or more modules that need to be resolved and that there is an error. After asking people on the 8520 forum, they said to me that I have to update my phone using Apploader, however I don't know how to use it. Can someone give me a step-by-step of how to upgrade my phone using Apploader, I'd really appreciate it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 12:21 PM
    12-22-10 12:23 PM
    First, the actual program is Loader.exe, located in the directory c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader.

If you use the /nojvm flag, that will force a total rebuild and remove all third party apps and data. Make sure you have a current backup before you start.

12-22-10 02:15 PM
    I have one or more modules that need to be resolved and that there is an error...
    I suspect that message is from a third party app. The actual module might provide a clue to which program is at fault.

12-22-10 02:20 PM
    You can also try this guide.

And adding to Reed's thought, after loading the device software, slowly add things back on until you see that error again.

12-22-10 04:04 PM
    There is a nice write up from CB member Jefferi on here.

I used that every time to reference too when updating using loader...

Hasn't failed once.

Search keyword "T-Mobile users" it will bring it up. Just need to go to first page.

Good luck!

12-22-10 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD