I have TomTom on my old Dell Axim PDA, and had purchased some European maps for it a few years back. I've found I can generally trust these maps, so want to keep with them (plus haven't found a BB GPS turn-by-turn I like for Europe which doesn't rely on data connection as I won't always have a local SIM with data).

I am able to pair the BB and PDA, but the TomTom doesn't recognize a GPS signal. I've tried both com ports in the TomTom configuration screen. I'm posting in this forum rather than on the GPS board as I have a feeling that the BB isn't transmitting the GPS information.

Is there a way for me to "push" the GPS out over bluetooth so that my TomTom can see it? Or do I need to find a standalone for my BB with onboard maps?

Yes, I can always take my wireless receiver designed for the TomTom, but I feel foolish enough taking a redundant PDA without taking a redundant GPS receiver.

I do have MGMaps loaded and the offline maps created for my routing, but not as wild with its navigation in a pinch.

Suggestions?
    06-07-09 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD