I'm not required to use my BlackBerry for my job, meaning it wasn't issued by my company, but I do use it for work related things. I heavily rely on my calendar, email, GPS, and task list to get me through the day. I have used a lot of other smartphones on just about every other platform and none of them out perform my BlackBerry device on day-to-day efficiency. During my leisure time I also use my BlackBerry a lot to connect with friends through Facebook, Twitter, and bbm. I like listening to podcasts and music as well. My Tour is the only device that I have ever had that can manage my work and after work needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 04:54 AM
    I'm just a techie college student who loves the keyboard, weight, and look of my 9000. I email a lot (school, personal, misc.) and I'm also slightly addicted to Brickbreaker.
    04-23-10 05:03 AM
    Im a college student that uses his Tour for everything but work. :P It keeps everything i need in one place, always. Ive actually stopped carrying my laptop to classes, along with no longer takign my digital camera and ipod places. I find no reason to take all that with me when my Tour can do everything I want it to, not to mention my college has been having internet problems so i can still get on cb, and Facebook when my friends cant. I <3 my BlackBerry Tour!
    04-23-10 05:40 AM
    i just love how easy it is to use and the keyboard is probably the best. i had the touch pro 2 before this and i love the keyboard on my 8900 way more
    04-23-10 08:47 AM
    I don't use my Storm for business at all. I work and am going to school, but I bought the phone while I was still a full-time student. I wanted the simplicity of being able to get my information and be in contact without having to lug my laptop around with me all the time for web browsing for information and for getting anything that was sent to my e-mail. I might consider the iPhone just because I like Apple products and I would like the simplicity of having to not carry an iPod and a phone, but it's not the be all and end all for me, I'm also considering another BB for when my upgrade is due.
    04-23-10 10:49 AM
    i just like hi/higher-tech stuff. did symbian,WinMo, now BB and next to android.

of those 3 bb is by far superior
    04-23-10 11:28 AM
    I use my 8330 and 8830 for personal communication and web surfing when on the go, my son lives in England my berry makes it very easy to keep in touch. I email all day to friends and family and have never had a problem with either device failing me. BB's are built for communication and productivity, you don't need to own, run or work for corporate America to benefit from such a good device.
    04-23-10 02:18 PM
    I'm not required to use my BlackBerry for my job, meaning it wasn't issued by my company, but I do use it for work related things. I heavily rely on my calendar, email, GPS, and task list to get me through the day. I have used a lot of other smartphones on just about every other platform and none of them out perform my BlackBerry device on day-to-day efficiency. During my leisure time I also use my BlackBerry a lot to connect with friends through Facebook, Twitter, and bbm. I like listening to podcasts and music as well. My Tour is the only device that I have ever had that can manage my work and after work needs.

Wow, it's like you looked in my brain and typed exactly what i was gonna say.

I'll just add, Ditto!
    04-23-10 02:38 PM
    While I originally got my BB for work related tasks I wasn't able to access our website with it. I still have my work related email pushed to it, but rarely ever reply on it. It's just nice to be able to read a work email while out in the field, and sense we are no longer required to take QC photos of our work I really don't use my BB for much of anything else other than phone calls anymore. I don't have time to text, and I find it's much easier to surf the web from the laptop. I should put some media on it, but I have Sirius in my service van. I thought about canceling that, and using Slacker, but I spend to much time in no/poor service locations. Occasionally I'll Google an address on it if my GPS won't pull it up, and I can't get the customer to answer the phone. All in all I really have no need for a BB, or a smart phone at all in general. On that note however I'm due for an upgrade at the end of the month, and if I stay with a BB I'll probably go with either the new Bold, or the Storm 3 (if it's out any time soon). I am wanting to take a good look at the HTC Incredible too so I may jump ship.
    04-23-10 07:23 PM
    No business for me, but bbm and bbm groups were a huge factor. Plus people talk about all the iphones apps but I have yet to need an app and not find it for bb. Plus I get business level email management wich is just icing on the cake. Oh yeah, and I can run more than one app at a time.

04-23-10 10:58 PM
    hmm, am gonna havta to sayy i dont not use it for business; do business calls count though.?? haha. thats about it; dont thinkk i well be using it for business anytime soon also. but i do use the tasks, calender and memos frequently(:
    04-23-10 11:46 PM
    I don't really use my BB for business. I'm about to smash it to oblivion. Having to use an EDGE smartphone in 2010 isn't fun at all. 96 kbps Pandora and that browser drive me up the wall. I'm jumping to ship to the Evo as soon as it comes out. My BlackBerry was a solid device last year when I bought it, but my needs have changed a fair bit since then.
    04-24-10 08:15 PM
    I don't do business on my phone, actually I don't even know anyone else that has a Blackberry.
    Ditto. No business use at all and no berry owning friends. I just like the functionality. I'm on my third different berry over the past 3 years and I've never gotten/sent a bbm. If some sweet young thing would like that cherry, pm me
    04-24-10 08:43 PM
    i get business email on mine but that is as far as it goes. its mostly all just for personal use
    04-24-10 09:54 PM
    i use the email, the web, pandora, facebook, and it acts as a flash drive... but none of its for business! lol... well maybe sometimes ill administer some business with it, and yes i CAN ride my bike with no handlebars
    04-25-10 03:00 AM
    I use my Pearl for non business use, I love the fact that I can check my email, chat on Windows Live Messenger, use Twitter and Facebook along with BBM and BBM Groups as well as text and call all in one small easy to use always on device.

Roland
    04-25-10 05:31 AM
    I don't really use my BB for business. I'm about to smash it to oblivion. Having to use an EDGE smartphone in 2010 isn't fun at all. 96 kbps Pandora and that browser drive me up the wall. I'm jumping to ship to the Evo as soon as it comes out. My BlackBerry was a solid device last year when I bought it, but my needs have changed a fair bit since then.
    Must either have a slow phone due to way to many apps or something is going on...

I am on EDGE 95% of the time and even when I am on 3G I see no speed differences. Only thing I can do different on 3G is talk and surf the web at the same time, which I hardly ever do....EDGE has worked perfectly fine for me.

I still don't get the huge hype around Andriod...I had one (a cliq) and didn't care for it and all the widgets and what not. Just not for me. Also wife has a mytouch, SIL has the Driod and Best friend a N1 and only one worth a cent is the N1...but honestly none of them out do my 9700 IMO. Browsing is nano seconds faster, I give you that...and I have done speed tests next to each other on all of them. N1 is for sure faster, but the rest where just a hair faster...I am not "that" impatient...granted I was on Opera5, which can be buggy on my phone, but even Bolt wasn't far behind.

Not impressed with Andriod...I will take my ancient and stable OS to the bank...as well as real time push email, multi-tasking and just about everything else.

Oh, okay...you have the Apps, lol! Whooptie-doo! 49,700 pointless ones...

Oh and enjoy the half day battery life while I am on day 3 and 30% left...and charger is at home and still have 6 hours left in my work day....and know I will be fine.

04-25-10 08:46 AM
    I own a business and use it for business, but I also use it a lot for personal use. I love not having to run to a computer everytime I am expecting an email from my sons little league sports teams or when someone emails me to play golf. Blackberry offers much more than business use...I'm living proof.
    04-25-10 09:03 AM
    no business for me either. I am holding out for the 9650, and I still wont be doing any business on it. I just love the ease of e-mail and BBM, and battery life. Iphone is cool, but all the apps will come for the BB, just a matter of time.
    04-25-10 09:20 AM
    I run a computer repair/tech support business so I definitely use my phone for business purposes
    04-25-10 10:33 AM
    Curve users
    yep

dunno why some people have the hang up over 'domesticated' users tbh. blackberry can still expand outward towards the business user, just that, what else is there for the bsuiness user? everything else is multimedia, image, audio... this fits both categories.

i think in many cases people are running away from phones with terrible faults or weird OS (hello, nokia!) & want something understated, but with enough actually usefull features without looking like a pigs breakfast.

i just wanted to revert back to something with keys, has internet, email, etc... push email is good, but not totally necessary (as you can view it online).... BBM + other messengers is a welcome bonus.

it's probably down to personal taste but the BB layout & OS suits me more than bloody symbian or winfail.
    04-25-10 11:06 AM
    Business use? My Tour takes good care of any business I might have:-)

04-25-10 07:56 PM
    I don't use my BB for business. I just prefer a BB over other devices. Also, since I do not have internet at home, it helps me stay in contact with my college and my teachers.
    This. I just love BB. And yeah, it helps me stay in touch with my teachers and stuff, too. And I love that I can have all of my email accounts on it, too. Definitely saves me time.
    04-25-10 09:24 PM
    I use my BB for personal use, and never intended to use it for business, but I must say getting my email pushed onto my device has made it a lot easier for me to get quick jobs!

04-26-10 02:26 AM
    Curve users
    noooo its 9700 users you errored lol ....... oh I don't use mine for business either ,
    04-26-10 05:19 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD