With all the talk on here recently about these new android phones and the iphone it always come back to "BB is better for email/business", thats great and all but what about the people who don't use it for work? There has to be a ton of us also, no?

So who has no business use for their BB?
    04-22-10 04:14 PM
    Curve users
    04-22-10 04:23 PM
    Not me, I guess. But, I run a fantasy football league, so my BB is for business use during the mos. of Sept. thru Jan. at the "league offices".
    04-22-10 04:26 PM
    I don't do business on my phone, actually I don't even know anyone else that has a Blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 05:00 PM
    While my BlackBerry (Tour 9630) does come in handy for my internship, I'm not really a business/corporate person. But I really enjoy the BlackBerry because of its simplicity and efficiency. It feels more like a tool than a toy. I felt like the iPhone I used to have was more of a toy for games, music, etc. When I saw two kids around the age of 10 both carrying iPhones (yes, iPhones... not iPod Touches), that solidified that mindset even more.
    04-22-10 05:01 PM
    I'm not a business/corporate user. I'm simply a student who appreciates all my BlackBerry has to offer. For the most part, it has proven reliable and efficient in keeping me organized and corresponding with professors. As editor for my schools newspaper, it also came in handy since we operated heavily via email. Granted my iphone is capable of doing the same things, but the touchscreen makes it a bit more painful.

04-22-10 05:08 PM
    I don't use my BB for business...even though I could set it up to have my work email sent to my phone, but luckily, I'm not required to work/read/answer email from home, so when I leave work, my work stays at work!
    04-22-10 05:09 PM
    Curve users
    That was so lame...
    04-22-10 05:21 PM
    I don't use my Bold 9000 for business at all. I wanted a smartphone but I didn't want an iphone since I have an ipod touch and hate the 'keyboard'.
    I'm just and internet / tech geek who wanted a smartphone and the bold appealed to me most.

04-22-10 05:39 PM
    I don't use my BB for business. I just prefer a BB over other devices. Also, since I do not have internet at home, it helps me stay in contact with my college and my teachers.
    04-22-10 05:43 PM
    Curve users
    I'm not impressed with your witty, half-as*ed answer.
    Not only was that lame, that was wrong!
    I use my curve for business and have for two years. What I like most about my curve is that it has served me well for two complete years with ZERO problems and I have been able to use it for personal use when I travel as well. It holds my music and movies; as well as my business email and bbm with colleagues, i also run my "outside of work" job from it and as another poster suggested...it is my home office for the two fantasy football leagues I run...LOL

Think before you insult, eh?
    04-22-10 05:56 PM
    I don't use mine for business, however I use it a lot at a business, lol! BB appeals more to me and I have always like their qwerty keyboards. I have never had an issue with any of my Berries to where I have with other cells.

The 9700 I currently use is basically my lifeline and feel I can do anything else that an Andriod or iPhone can and just as good.

Honestly just can't get into touch screens at all.

04-22-10 06:17 PM
    i don't use mine for business per se.i am a nurse.but i do look up meds doses treatments on my 9700.i have downloaded medical programs on my phone .i also like the effeciancy the bb.email.internet etc .i also have a few games too. ijust love my bb .had 8310 before my 9700.
    04-22-10 06:19 PM
    I use my 9700 for non-business. Because of my health issues, I use the internet on the phone to get information. I also use the 9700 to keep up with sports teams I follow, etc.
    04-22-10 06:51 PM
    I'm a 20-year-old college kid with a 9700. I think it's safe to say I don't use it for "business." I e-mail with it a lot, though. And I do keep pretty much everything in the MemoPad, Tasks, and Calender options.
    04-22-10 07:15 PM
    No work use here. I actually got one for the tethering since that was cheaper then paying for my old dumb phone and paying vzw $60 a month for the usb modem. I've found it's so much more than that.
    04-22-10 07:23 PM
    I am not a business user, but I use e-mail and BBM frequently. I wanted a device that is good for heavy e-mail use with multiple e-mail accounts. I later made friends with other BB users, so BBM is something else I love about BB that other devices do not have.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-22-10 08:10 PM
    i don't use my curve my business. i just like how everything is easy to use and organized. not only that the keyboard is pretty good
    04-22-10 08:50 PM
    I defintely don't use my 8330m for biz!! Mostly listen to music (have a 8gb memory card) text,bbm,mms and email. I love blackberry especially the 83xx series, I've been having this phone for a while and people tell me all the time that I need to upgrade get an android phone or the iphone.. I'm not into useless apps that are in the app markets. The only apps I have on my bb now is berryweather, sprint nav and gtalk the rest are native apps that come on the device! Blackberry does everything I need and I love it, great messaging device!! :-) But as a added note I am actually thinking of upgrading but only to the BOLD 9650!

04-22-10 08:50 PM
    I don't use mine for business at all. Just mainly for emails and started using BBM heavily. If i can some how get my hands on the incredible cause it's just more "open customizable"(off-topic). I just like to customize my phones more in depth.
    04-22-10 09:02 PM
    Like my laptop, my BlackBerry is primarily a communication tool. When video calls on the laptop are not possible or practical, I have my BlackBerry with all its IM clients and email capabilities to fall back on. And, as is the case with my laptop, on my BlackBerry no work is allowed! Recreation and managing social life only!

04-22-10 09:40 PM
    I don't use my 9700 specifically for business. I'm a teacher and our district is soooo behind the times with technology. I've asked to have my school email pushed to my phone but they keep changing companies, etc. We now use Outlook Web Access (I think) and I tried to have that forwarded but no luck. I do, however, use it to text with some parents and colleagues. My aide and I will often text from the same room so the kiddos don't know what we're saying. And of course, I've been known to surf CB while my kids are working at their desks. In general, though, I have this phone for the calendar, camera, keyboard, and overall amazingness of it!

04-22-10 10:30 PM
    I'm a paranormal romance author so I use email for business more than anything. I love having email access the moment it comes in. I also store my music and videos on my Curve plus stay logged into twitter all day (I'm a twitter addict lol) and even read ebooks. I use it for loads of things whether business related or not.

04-22-10 10:52 PM
    I don't use my bb for business, will be upgrading to storm 3 once that comes out. I mainly just use my 8900 for email and bbm. I don't even use txt msging anymore

04-23-10 12:29 AM
    I don't use my Blackberry at all for business. I do have my personal email pushed to it and its nice because I occasionally list things for sale on Craigslist. Its handy to be able to relatively immediately.

That's the extent on my "business", lol.

I chose a Blackberry because they get great cell reception (how good is a cell phone that you can't make calls from, , physical keyboard, and the idea of bbm was cool. (spoken as a former iPhoneuser)

04-23-10 02:04 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD