I have an account set-up in Blackberry Internet Service. When I create the account, it ask for the e-mail address, ie, [email protected]. For some reason, it sets the username as john, but it needs to be [email protected]. It does not allow me to change it. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    10-02-09 10:01 AM
    Do you mean your regular email address or your free BIS email address, like @sprint.blackberry.net?

If it's you regular email address, you just need to delete it and set it up again.
    10-02-09 04:00 PM
    Do you mean your regular email address or your free BIS email address, like @sprint.blackberry.net?

If it's you regular email address, you just need to delete it and set it up again.
    Regular. I've tried doing it over and over.... It never gives me a chance to add the username, it just asks for the e-mail address, then defaults to the way I listed above.
    10-02-09 04:34 PM
    Are you getting emails? If your are , then you are set, right?
    10-02-09 04:42 PM
    Regular. I've tried doing it over and over.... It never gives me a chance to add the username, it just asks for the e-mail address, then defaults to the way I listed above.
    Are you trying to change it on your computer?

Verizon Blackberry Log In
    10-02-09 09:30 PM
    No, I am not receiving mail (on the BB), although I can send from that account on my BB (and I can receive that account's mail on my laptop, in Outlook).

And, yes, I've tried, via my computer and a web-browser, to change the account at bis na blackberry com

When I tell it to setup an e-mail account, it only asks for the e-mail address and password, then creates the account. I get the new account on my BB, but when I go in to edit it, I do not have the option to edit the user-name... The user-name is set as joe, when the e-mail is joe at domain.com

I need the user-name to be joe at domain.com

Arrrgggh.
    10-02-09 10:12 PM
    Then you will have to setup the account using the manual method. Are you using POP3 or IMAP? You will need this info with manual setup.

1. Delete the account either from your BB or PC.
    2. Create the account from the BB, not your PC.
    3. When you are prompted to enter your email and password, purposely type the wrong info so it will repeat the step a few times. This will give you an option to manually enter account info.
    4. Enter all your account info manually.
    10-02-09 10:30 PM
    Then you will have to setup the account using the manual method. Are you using POP3 or IMAP? You will need this info with manual setup.

1. Delete the account either from your BB or PC.
    2. Create the account from the BB, not your PC.
    3. When you are prompted to enter your email and password, purposely type the wrong info so it will repeat the step a few times. This will give you an option to manually enter account info.
    4. Enter all your account info manually.
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I knew there had to be a way to manually set all the information, but I couldn't get to that point.

Thank you again!
    10-03-09 09:04 AM
    The quickest way past this screen is to enter ONLY your email address and leave the password box blank.
    10-03-09 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD