Hey guys, I just have a question I can't seem to find the answer to...

I just bought a Curve off someone on eBay and when I first activated it, all of their emails came flooding to my phone - about 400 of them! So I deleted them all, and went to my Email Settings which listed all of MY email addresses I have linked to my blackberry. They seemed to stop coming for about a day, then all of the sudden I got a ton last night while I was sleeping. So I went into the Email Settings again and decided to try the "Change Device" option, entered in the new ESN. Then somehow MY email addresses disappeared from my phone and I'm still receiving emails to my MESSAGES box for the old owner. I am perplexed. If anyone knows how to fix this, PLEASE share your expertise.

Thanks for readings!
    03-25-09 03:44 PM
    i'm not quite sure but you could always give verizon a call, i'm sure with the pin and esn they could figure something out...
    03-25-09 03:45 PM
    I'd give your carrier a call. They'll probably have to reset the BIS settings from the previous user.
    03-25-09 03:46 PM
    Hey guys, I just have a question I can't seem to find the answer to...

I just bought a Curve off someone on eBay and when I first activated it, all of their emails came flooding to my phone - about 400 of them! So I deleted them all, and went to my Email Settings which listed all of MY email addresses I have linked to my blackberry. They seemed to stop coming for about a day, then all of the sudden I got a ton last night while I was sleeping. So I went into the Email Settings again and decided to try the "Change Device" option, entered in the new ESN. Then somehow MY email addresses disappeared from my phone and I'm still receiving emails to my MESSAGES box for the old owner. I am perplexed. If anyone knows how to fix this, PLEASE share your expertise.

Thanks for readings!
    Sounds like it is registered on the previous owners BES service.
    03-25-09 04:58 PM
    I had this in reverse. I sold my 8830 on craigslist they buyer called me the next day and said he was getting all my mail. I had to log into my BIS account and change my device PIN -- so you'll either have to get the seller to do that or better yet, call your carrier and they can prob do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD