I've been out of contract with T-Mobile for like 2 years now. Just been waiting for a phone to re-up my contract for. Almost grabbed the 9700 last year but I decided to wait. Now the 9780 is out and I'm tempted. I already own a white unlocked 9000 running 5.0. I emailed a craigslister about his Storm 2 for $100. I just like the Storms feel and weight. So, should I save my upgrade and snag the Storm 2 just because or go ahead and drop $130 for the new 9780 not knowing what's coming in 2011?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 01:45 PM
    I'm waiting for a T-Mo Torch. Until then, I'll keep rocking my 9000. It still does everything I need in a phone and quite well.
    12-09-10 01:48 PM
    I'd do a one year contract renewal! That way you get a whole year to decide and see what RIM puts out, then you can get both phones cheap!

I'd personally like to do that. However, AT&T isn't quite fond of that.
    12-09-10 01:50 PM
    I don't think T-mo does 1 year contracts. I'd like to try the Torch out but they're expensive on CL. So I assume don't get the Storm 2 for $100?

12-09-10 01:53 PM
    Does the S2 get 3g on Tmo? That might be a consideration if it doesn't.

Supposedly they're coming out with some good things this coming year, but considering they just came out with the 9780, I can't see them coming out with too much else particularly soon, or at least I'd be really surprised.
    12-09-10 05:14 PM
    Does the S2 get 3g on Tmo? That might be a consideration if it doesn't.

Supposedly they're coming out with some good things this coming year, but considering they just came out with the 9780, I can't see them coming out with too much else particularly soon, or at least I'd be really surprised.
    If its made for ATT, it won't get T-Mo 3g. I'm using a 9000 on T-Mo and the speed difference is not a big deal to me. I guess it depends on what you use it for.
    12-09-10 05:37 PM
    Doesn't matter if you upgrade now or later - there will always be something newer, bigger, better soon afterwards.
    frogpants likes this.
    12-10-10 07:12 AM
    Right! That's the way it always goes! Get the 9780 and then boom the 9900 sneaks out!

12-10-10 09:01 AM
    from what i understood there is exclusivity for the torch on at&t but we all know thats subject to change.

i remember i patiently waited for the curve on tmo for almost 8-9 months and by that time all my interest had waned.

if i were you, id buy the one out of pocket on CL and wait for the torch to come to tmobile. because i know with my luck, and maybe yours, that after id upgrade theyd make a big announcement for it to come out on tmo. then id be wanting to cut and pillage...

spare yourself the pain. hah.
    12-10-10 09:08 AM
    I don't think T-mo does 1 year contracts. I'd like to try the Torch out but they're expensive on CL. So I assume don't get the Storm 2 for $100?

If it's in good shape, I'd pull the trigger. Storm 2 is a great device and could keep you content until the next storm device comes out...which many say mid 2011 or so.
    12-10-10 12:32 PM
    Also keep in mind QNX could be coming soon. If I was going to wait getting a device that could run the QNX OS would be my only reason.
    12-10-10 02:14 PM
    I agree with middbrew. Only reason to wait is for that QNX device! But you could be waiting for along time! What to do? Get the S2 from CL.
    12-10-10 02:42 PM
    Remember when nokia had the awesome phones? yea i didn't think so. remember when the razr was so popular? yea i didn't think so.

just do it.
    12-11-10 09:34 PM
    Eh, I would honestly say upgrade. The 9780 now relatively new..so it should stay "new" for a while (give or take a year).

Plus I am very biased, the 9780 is a great device. However, if you like the Storm...well you may not like the Bold. So I would say go for the Bold, I honestly do not think the Storm2 is a good enough device to keep you "content" for a year.

My 2 cents.
    12-11-10 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD