1. mark1914's Avatar
    I've been out of contract with T-Mobile for like 2 years now. Just been waiting for a phone to re-up my contract for. Almost grabbed the 9700 last year but I decided to wait. Now the 9780 is out and I'm tempted. I already own a white unlocked 9000 running 5.0. I emailed a craigslister about his Storm 2 for $100. I just like the Storms feel and weight. So, should I save my upgrade and snag the Storm 2 just because or go ahead and drop $130 for the new 9780 not knowing what's coming in 2011?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 02:45 PM
  2. TheScionicMan's Avatar
    I'm waiting for a T-Mo Torch. Until then, I'll keep rocking my 9000. It still does everything I need in a phone and quite well.
    12-09-10 02:48 PM
  3. breakmedown's Avatar
    I'd do a one year contract renewal! That way you get a whole year to decide and see what RIM puts out, then you can get both phones cheap!

    I'd personally like to do that. However, AT&T isn't quite fond of that.
    12-09-10 02:50 PM
  4. mark1914's Avatar
    I don't think T-mo does 1 year contracts. I'd like to try the Torch out but they're expensive on CL. So I assume don't get the Storm 2 for $100?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 02:53 PM
  5. the_sandman_454's Avatar
    Does the S2 get 3g on Tmo? That might be a consideration if it doesn't.

    Supposedly they're coming out with some good things this coming year, but considering they just came out with the 9780, I can't see them coming out with too much else particularly soon, or at least I'd be really surprised.
    12-09-10 06:14 PM
  6. TheScionicMan's Avatar
    Does the S2 get 3g on Tmo? That might be a consideration if it doesn't.

    Supposedly they're coming out with some good things this coming year, but considering they just came out with the 9780, I can't see them coming out with too much else particularly soon, or at least I'd be really surprised.
    If its made for ATT, it won't get T-Mo 3g. I'm using a 9000 on T-Mo and the speed difference is not a big deal to me. I guess it depends on what you use it for.
    12-09-10 06:37 PM
  7. blak8830's Avatar
    Doesn't matter if you upgrade now or later - there will always be something newer, bigger, better soon afterwards.
    frogpants likes this.
    12-10-10 08:12 AM
  8. mark1914's Avatar
    Right! That's the way it always goes! Get the 9780 and then boom the 9900 sneaks out!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-10 10:01 AM
  9. yofern's Avatar
    from what i understood there is exclusivity for the torch on at&t but we all know thats subject to change.

    i remember i patiently waited for the curve on tmo for almost 8-9 months and by that time all my interest had waned.

    if i were you, id buy the one out of pocket on CL and wait for the torch to come to tmobile. because i know with my luck, and maybe yours, that after id upgrade theyd make a big announcement for it to come out on tmo. then id be wanting to cut and pillage...

    spare yourself the pain. hah.
    12-10-10 10:08 AM
  10. FuzzyB's Avatar
    I don't think T-mo does 1 year contracts. I'd like to try the Torch out but they're expensive on CL. So I assume don't get the Storm 2 for $100?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If it's in good shape, I'd pull the trigger. Storm 2 is a great device and could keep you content until the next storm device comes out...which many say mid 2011 or so.
    12-10-10 01:32 PM
  11. middbrew's Avatar
    Also keep in mind QNX could be coming soon. If I was going to wait getting a device that could run the QNX OS would be my only reason.
    12-10-10 03:14 PM
  12. mamahack's Avatar
    I agree with middbrew. Only reason to wait is for that QNX device! But you could be waiting for along time! What to do? Get the S2 from CL.
    12-10-10 03:42 PM
  13. frogpants's Avatar
    Remember when nokia had the awesome phones? yea i didn't think so. remember when the razr was so popular? yea i didn't think so.

    just do it.
    12-11-10 10:34 PM
  14. shamoo711's Avatar
    Eh, I would honestly say upgrade. The 9780 now relatively new..so it should stay "new" for a while (give or take a year).

    Plus I am very biased, the 9780 is a great device. However, if you like the Storm...well you may not like the Bold. So I would say go for the Bold, I honestly do not think the Storm2 is a good enough device to keep you "content" for a year.

    My 2 cents.
    12-11-10 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD