Hi is it possible to connect my 8520 curve to my laptop using the USB cable, and use my laptop keyboard to type SMS or BB messages to friends.
    Or is there an App that will allow me to do it, i dont really want to buy a keyboard if theres a way i can do it via my laptop.

Thanks

Archiescurve
    02-18-10 03:29 AM
    That sounds like a good idea for a product. Maybe somebody will write it.

Get a nice BBM chat app going where you have a window on your PC (don't forget us Linux users!) and you can manage your contact list and chat.
    02-18-10 05:06 AM

Get a nice BBM chat app going where you have a window on your PC (don't forget us Linux users!) and you can manage your contact list and chat.
    I think ill copyright (patent) that idea
    Last edited by archiescurve; 02-18-10 at 06:16 AM.
    02-18-10 06:13 AM
    You can't copyright or patent ideas. You have to have a solution, then you can patent it
    02-18-10 07:05 AM

Sorry for the hijacking, but how's a BB on Linux? Mind to tell more?
    02-18-10 07:32 AM
    There is a SMS application that does it. I had it on my Work PC until our IT department found out about it
    02-18-10 07:38 AM
    Sorry for the hijacking, but how's a BB on Linux? Mind to tell more?
    Oi Diego,

Desktop Manager barely works on Windows, I haven't tried any Linux versions and as far as I know, there's no official BB support for Linux. So far, I've been able to do what I needed on Windows....but.....

I personally do not allow WIndows to run on real hardware. If you use Linux and you have enough CPU and RAM, run a Windows in a VM. It's safer and lets you do what you have to without scrounging for non-existent Linux support for phones and other devices.
    02-18-10 08:32 AM
    Bestbuy's MiQ will let you manage many things on the BB. Send texts, edit contacts, view pics, and much more. No BBM though.
    02-18-10 08:46 AM
    Hi is it possible to connect my 8520 curve to my laptop using the USB cable, and use my laptop keyboard to type SMS or BB messages to friends.
    Or is there an App that will allow me to do it, i dont really want to buy a keyboard if theres a way i can do it via my laptop.

Thanks

Archiescurve
    mIQ lets you send texts from the web on your computer. It's all done OTA so you don't even need a USB! Plus it's free

Check it out at Free mobile phone contact, photo, video and text message backup :: mIQ. Let us know what you think!
    02-23-10 03:56 PM
    I think there is a bluetooth app that you can use, forget what its called.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-23-10 11:34 PM
    SMSLinks is one of them, but there is another one... I just can't think of the name, it was a free app I believe. Blurits or something, idk, I'm trying to google it for ya.

02-23-10 11:46 PM
    Figured it out! Its called "Blurts"!

02-24-10 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD