Hi there!

I just bought a Blackberry passport beauty but i feel like it was a truly wrong move in 2019..
    First i discovered that Neutron was not available anymore and that i had to download the Android version of it, and now, while trying USB tethering, i'm being asked by the device to install Blackberry Blend n my Mac, but it is unfortunately not possible on high Sierra..

The really strange thing is that when i tried USB tethering yesterday that worked perfectly well, now, when i put the cursor to USB, it comes back to the off position..

Anyone has a workaround for that? Thanks in advance..
    07-16-19 06:22 PM
    Hmmm. USB tethering works fine for me with a Windows laptop and I am pretty sure I don't have Blend installed on the laptop, but I do think I have the standard drivers installed, the ones that get installed from the phone.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-16-19 07:05 PM
    It worked yesterday for me..
    But strangely, when i connect my Blackberry to my Mac now, i have a "Blackberry CD" appearing with a BB desktop downloader, that wasn't the case yesterday neither, i'm sure i just need to deactivate an option somewhere..
    07-16-19 07:18 PM
    Hi there!

I just bought a Blackberry passport beauty but i feel like it was a truly wrong move in 2019....
    You think......5 year old phone.....
    pgg101, PHughes and cribble2k like this.
    07-16-19 08:02 PM
    Hi there!

...and now, while trying USB tethering, i'm being asked by the device to install Blackberry Blend n my Mac...
    What device is asking you to install Blend? The phone or the Mac?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-16-19 08:10 PM
    Hi there!

I just bought a Blackberry passport beauty but i feel like it was a truly wrong move in 2019..
    First i discovered that Neutron was not available anymore and that i had to download the Android version of it, and now, while trying USB tethering, i'm being asked by the device to install Blackberry Blend n my Mac, but it is unfortunately not possible on high Sierra..

The really strange thing is that when i tried USB tethering yesterday that worked perfectly well, now, when i put the cursor to USB, it comes back to the off position..

Anyone has a workaround for that? Thanks in advance..
    Hey, maybe I can help get your Neutron back. I recently went back to a Passport as well and had to set up everything like I had, didn't have a backup. Yes I know what I was getting into.

Anyway, I love Neutron and I had bought it about 4 years ago. So Today, When I tried to get it through BBW it didn't pop up when I searched it. I was baffled. I logged into BBW via Desktop, and went to MY World, I could see that Neutron would be listed as available and I could see Neutron in my Purchase History.

So I started up BBW
    -Hit the menu on the bottom left corner
    -Select My World
    -select My Apps and Games
    -You should be on the Updates screen, now Select "Available"

Neutron should show on the available apps.
    -Hit the Arrow Button.

That is how I was able to install it again.
    I think the developers removed it, but still available to those who purchased it.
    Their site nuetronmp.com doesn't have BlackBerry listed anymore either. I hope this helps, I love the app as well!! Get all your apps now while BBW is still up.
    07-16-19 08:19 PM
    What device is asking you to install Blend? The phone or the Mac?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    The Mac. You used to be able to just 'Show Package Contents' and install it right from the package instead of through the installer which will stop it from installing. Not sure if that still works, though, havent done it in forever.
    07-17-19 02:41 PM