I just saw a review on a $2 USB OTG cable (female USB connect to micro USB of phone) that enables you to hook up to your phone:

- keyboard
    - mouse
    - photo memory card reader
    - USB memory stick
    - game controller
    - ...other USB devices?

Works on some Android phones, particularly Samsung.

We are ALL WONDERING, will BB10 and Playbook's BB10 update support this awesome feature?

That would enable me to load camera images on the fly to my playbook, expand the memory on my device or transferring files to a USB memory stick with video files, having easy access to plug in a keyboard/mouse or mic/camera, game control with some games, and so on...

Basically the phone or playbook port would act as a computer USB port and support standard drivers to handle most common devices plugged in!!!

And also, imaginingg the possibilities with BB10 phones having this feature! Business on the go, you could do anything!

So anyone know? I think RIM needs this feature as it is already coming to many Android phones and even iPad has a little dongle I've seen reviewed which lets you plug in USB memory card reader, keyboard and so on.

Let the votes and petitions and begging commence!!! :-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    Last edited by edyb; 07-21-12 at 08:50 AM.
    07-21-12 08:44 AM
    Here is the relevant video link:

http://m.cnet.com/videos/use-usb-dev...50128175<br />

If that doesn't show up, just google the following or youtube:

"cnet tv usb devices with android"

This is a short review on CNet TV showing how they use a bunch of USB stuff we have for our computers on the phone using a cheap $2 adapter.

I hope BB10 and Playbook OS updates have this feature. It is a "killer app" just like Blackberry Bridge allowed us to type/remote control our Playbook with our BB phone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    07-21-12 09:22 AM
    I definitely think it is a useful feature to add. It would allow memory expansion just by having a couple a flash drive or two.
    10-02-12 03:31 PM
    From what I could find out this is coming but it does not sound like we are going to see it on the Playbook until after BB10 is out.
    10-02-12 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD