So my question is simple. Is there a way to browse the files on my phone and memory card to read and write without installing the blackberry software?

My work computer is locked down and I am not allowed to install programs on it. It would be great if I could just plug in the usb wire and open up my computer in windows and see the files. I don't even think this is possible?

Maybe if a program was used that once installed it didn't touch any windows registry settings I could hide it... but I rather not risk anything at work.
    06-01-09 03:59 PM
    So my question is simple. Is there a way to browse the files on my phone and memory card to read and write without installing the blackberry software?

My work computer is locked down and I am not allowed to install programs on it. It would be great if I could just plug in the usb wire and open up my computer in windows and see the files. I don't even think this is possible?

Maybe if a program was used that once installed it didn't touch any windows registry settings I could hide it... but I rather not risk anything at work.

yes if you activate mass storage mode you will have direct access to the device memory card and internal memory.

options>memory> couple things (Mass storage mode turn on) and if you want it to auto enabled mass storage mode you can select yes or put it on prompt (prompt will simply make it so you have to input your password on the device when connecting to enable mass storage mode)
    06-01-09 04:31 PM
    That seem to work for the media card. Now I just got to figure out how to get it to see the internal phone memory.
    06-01-09 04:57 PM
    Are you trying to install software to your device? You arent going to be able to see the device memory without desktop manager.....not that you can really access it anyway. You can add or remove programs and install OS with desktop manager. Borrow a friends pc. If your device is on a BES then chances are you arent going to be able to do anything to the device anyway.
    06-01-09 05:36 PM
    Are you trying to install software to your device? You arent going to be able to see the device memory without desktop manager.....not that you can really access it anyway. You can add or remove programs and install OS with desktop manager. Borrow a friends pc. If your device is on a BES then chances are you arent going to be able to do anything to the device anyway.
    Yeah I kind of wanted to install some themes/games that I wasn't able to download OTA through the USB connection. Figures it wouldn't work how I want it. Well at least I can play my mp3s on my memory card on the computer instead of through the BB.
    06-01-09 05:48 PM
    That seem to work for the media card. Now I just got to figure out how to get it to see the internal phone memory.
    MTP mode should show that.
    06-01-09 05:59 PM
    OTA you use the blackberry browser to install them. Use your device browser and go to where you downloaded them. It will install it automatically for you unless your BES admin has blocked ota installs. Worth a shot. I dont get what you mean by your last sentence, do you mean you want to play the songs on your device media card using your pc?
    06-01-09 06:00 PM
    MTP mode should show that.
    How do I enable this? I looked in options and advanced options but I could not find it. I have a curve 8330 from verizon

OTA you use the blackberry browser to install them. Use your device browser and go to where you downloaded them. It will install it automatically for you unless your BES admin has blocked ota installs. Worth a shot. I dont get what you mean by your last sentence, do you mean you want to play the songs on your device media card using your pc?
    OTA installs are not blocked I am able to do them fine. The reason I created this thread was for the places I find free games and apps that offer no OTA install. These places either have the .jar files or a zip file of them. At home on my personal PC running the blackberry desktop manager software it is real easy to install. On my work computer without running the BB manager software I don't know how to do this.

The mp3 I was talking about was playing them off my computer instead of the blackberry. Hook up BB to USB connection, open my computer, double click bb, double click mp3s. No reason to play on my blackberry when it can go through my work speakers.
    06-01-09 07:31 PM
    As far as I know the only way to install the .alx/cod files is to use application loder in DM.Sorry.
    06-01-09 07:45 PM
    There is a program called Javaloader which can load COD files but it is done through the command line.

A program called Codloader, Chinese, is a graphic front end but unfortunately, the buttons are in Chinese characters but there was a tutorial which showed the English for those buttons. It can back up all or individual cod files and can delete similarly and load. I don't have a current link.
    06-01-09 10:01 PM
    ... when it comes to this kinda stuff. but take directions well. heres my prob, ordered a program from e-stealth. downloaded it got it to my 8330. but when trying to download it says invalid jar.. the estealth tech support says i need a java emulatler.. is this correct? can anyone help me plz???
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 08-09-09 at 11:47 AM. Reason: content
    08-09-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD