Hey guys I am from canada and I am going to states in a couple weekend........just wondering if I use my bbm, will it cost me n arm n a leg...........I believe you just have to turn roaming off and you r good but not to sure......thanks for the advice........I have the new 9900 bold best blackberry yet cheers!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 08:33 AM
    Hey guys I am from canada and I am going to states in a couple weekend........just wondering if I use my bbm, will it cost me n arm n a leg...........I believe you just have to turn roaming off and you r good but not to sure......thanks for the advice........I have the new 9900 bold best blackberry yet cheers!!

Call Telus and see what US data plan they can give you, my experience in the US is I use 1MB-4MB per day with text email and BBM, if you limit yourself to just BBM and don't send/receive many pics ( BBM does compress them a lot even if you do) you should be fine.

if you try and send SMS you will be charged through the nose!

I pay $1/MB when traveling in the US with my plan with Rogers, you may have to Prebuy data with Telus, so use a 2MB/day assumption.
    08-19-11 08:48 AM
    I pay $1/MB when traveling in the US with my plan with Rogers, you may have to Prebuy data with Telus, so use a 2MB/day assumption.

i do the same with Bell, its $10 upfront and $1/mb and texts are $0.75 ( i dont SMS)
    08-19-11 11:06 AM
    i do the same with Bell, its $10 upfront and $1/mb and texts are $0.75 ( i dont SMS)
    exact same plan $10 monthly $1/mb of use, txting would be an add of for me, I don't SMS except for with the 2 people of whom I txt before I go to the US and tell them not to txt me.
    08-19-11 11:08 AM
    Another question iam with telus......I have the ten numbers unlimited nationwide.......is nationwide limited to canada or does it include the U.S.

08-19-11 11:14 AM
    Another question iam with telus......I have the ten numbers unlimited nationwide.......is nationwide limited to canada or does it include the U.S.

Nope

Nationwide will state "Originating in Canada"
    I have North American Wide Calling on my Plan, but again North American wide Calling as long as the call Originated in Canada, once I am roaming in the US I pay fees for voice and text no matter who they are
    08-19-11 11:16 AM
    Alright thanks for the help guys really appreicate it

08-19-11 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD