Hi, a friends phone was stolen 30mins ago, he did not had any backup/tracker software installed. I am trying to figure how to recover it.

Yesterday we did a update on the phone, I know the Desktop Manager backup the phone before installing the update, does anyone know where is that backup saved?

Anyway to track the phone?

BTW. the got the phone, the car keys, and the car...

HELP PLEASE
    04-18-12 09:08 PM
    For me, the backup is located in Documents-->Blackberry-->Backup.
    04-18-12 09:40 PM
    Call your wireless carrier and provide them with the police report identifier and the IMEI for the stolen BlackBerry smartphone. If you installed BlackBerry Protect on the device you could track it via web browser.
    04-18-12 09:49 PM
    without bb protect or another tracking software I dont think so buddy. but try and get a lot of people to send bbms to the phone since they cant change the pin! Call the police first if a car was stolen. Goodluck hope they get the !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using The Official CrackBerry App
    04-18-12 10:15 PM
    Sorry to hear about the loss and don't worry karma's a b!tch. Without anything like BB protect installed on the phone before being stolen then theres no way to track it yourselves. Best thing to do is contact the carrier to block the PIN and IMEI so they can put it on a blacklist.
    04-18-12 11:36 PM
    BB Protect and a CCL works pretty good
    04-19-12 12:01 AM
    One time I was working in a mall kiosk for a T-Mobile retailer, and I had my 9330 charging in the display window.. Someone jacked it right out of there! Guess that was my stupidity. Dooww, anywho, definitely call and have service canceled. Hopefully there was a password on it so the information is erased. And if its on a stolen/lost list then it won't activate for any other account! Sorry to hear about your friends inconvenience, best of luck!
    04-19-12 12:31 AM
    i would call the provider and block the imei (or whatever its called) and also most deff. call the police if they stole a car if he gets a new blackberry just go to desktop manager itll see the new one and click restore the last update will pop up pick it but i suggest downloadin bb protect in the future it also backs up txts and ect

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    04-19-12 01:38 AM
    Located the backup file on "My Documents", thanks

He called Sprint, they say that he doesn't have the phone insurance so they can not track the phone.
    04-19-12 07:49 AM
    good lord, they stole thier car too?? forget the phone for right now, but a car is more important to me, man thats sucks.......contact the police man!!!
    04-19-12 08:00 AM
    Sorry to say but your freind is hosed ...
    04-19-12 08:06 AM
    ...and when he gets his BB replaced, put BlackBerry Protect on it as soon as everything else is restored!

...and a password!
    04-19-12 03:19 PM
    Call your service provider and get the PIN disabled. If the service provider can't disable it, call BlackBerry - they definitely will.
    Last edited by ALToronto; 04-19-12 at 03:27 PM.
    04-19-12 03:24 PM
    If you're on AT&T you can call and get "family locator" added and track the phone that way. It needs to be on a family plan thoguh, and you would need to keep the phone active on the account, which is risky.
    04-19-12 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD