Hi, I'm lila I'm using a blackberry bold 9780 and basically what happened was I purchased it in early june, my blackberry bold was then stolen in early july and I filed a police report and the person got arrested and handed it over and I got it back on monday. My blackberry was brought from a 3 mobile store and upon playing with my blackberry for a while I have found that they unlocked the phone to all networks and had played around with it a bit. On tuesday, I went to the 3 store and got my phone un blacklisted and got a replacement sim card which today was active and I have sorted out everything to do with the phone credit wise and such. I have 6 months free blackberry services but upon trying I have found blackberry messenger doesn't work, neither does the bb app world or and internet based blackberry apps. I called up my service provider numerous times and went through all the steps that they suggested and still no luck. Upon searching through my blackberry, under the networkds it says 'blackberry internet service: not connected' and 'blackberry enterprise service: not connected' so I went to the email configuration and it said that I had to enter in a blackberry enterprise activation code, but my phone isn't a blackberry business phone and I brought it myself for personal use. It won't let me set up my email other wise, even though I've already set up my email when I first got the phone, that seems to have disappeared and it won't let me sign in from that anywhere at all. Much help would be lovely. May I add I have all you can eat internet data aswell, and as I already said all free blackberry services including blackberry messenger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-11 03:51 PM
    Check with your provider to be sure you have a specific BlackBerry plan for your phone. Sounds like somebody dropped the ball on the provider end.
    09-28-11 05:04 PM
    Check with your provider to be sure you have a specific BlackBerry plan for your phone. Sounds like somebody dropped the ball on the provider end.
    But the problem really is that it's saying I need an enterprise password??

09-28-11 05:51 PM
    No, the problem is that you don't have BB data plan. If you did then bbm and other data features would work. Once you get the data plan you can set up your email on your service provider's BIS page.
    09-28-11 06:02 PM
    No, the problem is that you don't have BB data plan. If you did then bbm and other data features would work. Once you get the data plan you can set up your email on your service provider's BIS page.
    This is true and I would call your carrier and talk to them to let them sort it out. Give them the info and I am sure once they understand what you need, You will be back to using BBM and email in no time.
    09-28-11 07:53 PM
    Hopefully, the provider did not blacklist the PIN. I don't know how it works across the pond, but here, if you report a BB stolen, the provider will get the PIN blacklisted, rendering the device pretty useless, because without a valid PIN, BBM, and some other features simply will not work, ever.
    09-28-11 08:20 PM
    I got the device un blacklisted.

09-29-11 03:43 AM
    Contact your carrier and they will make sure to activate the appropriate data package forbyour BB. Good to hear you got your phone back!
    09-29-11 03:48 AM
    You may have the device off the blacklist, but what about the PIN. If the provider reported the PIN, there is no undoing of that. Once it is done, it is done.
    09-29-11 06:01 PM
    But the problem really is that it's saying I need an enterprise password??
    Had you selected the option for personal email when you were going into the E-mail Accounts in Setup?

Have you restored your personal data to the BB from a past Backup using DM?

In the interim before you recovered your 9780, had you been using a different BB?

Have you tried a Register Now in HRT?
    Open Options app (wrench icon).
    Type "host" and select Host Routing Table.
    Click MENU (i.e. BB logo key) and select Register Now.
    Wait to see if you receive a message from the network. It could take up to 15 minutes.
    When you receive the message, perform a battery pull.

If you don't receive the message, try doing the Register Now a second time. If you don't receive the message within another 15 minutes, perform a battery pull.
    09-29-11 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD