I have been tossing around a mobile webcam idea for awhile but do not understand the upstream limits most carriers and phones impose these days. Is there enough throughput while tethered to host a webcam or even stream a 9530's video over a service like orb?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 08:04 PM
    i would like an answer to this as well!! Free bump for a great idea. The BB has got to be able to do this, the iphone can. someone could def. do this. although im not computer savay enough too,. lol
    04-06-09 08:39 PM
    anyone anyone
    04-23-09 08:56 AM
    i would like an answer to this as well!! Free bump for a great idea. The BB has got to be able to do this, the iphone can. someone could def. do this. although im not computer savay enough too,. lol
    The iPhone can't even record video....
    04-23-09 09:14 AM
    The japanese have video confrencing on their Cel Phones so Obviosuly It can be done onCell Phoens..

As for having it done on a BlackBerry.... I'd imagine you need at least 256Kbps Up and down for a decent picture.

I don't thinkl we'll be seeing that until 4G LTE is prevelant.
    04-23-09 10:06 AM
    The iPhone can't even record video....
    It can if you jailbreak it.
    04-23-09 10:34 AM
    Over wifi this may be possible.. you'd have to find the app, but still. Over any radio (including 3G) the steadiness of the connection would probably ruin the use.
    04-23-09 10:39 AM
    apparetnly no one saw the video, it wasnt really even that bad of a picture. it was good enough to make me wish i could do that.
    so, i guess ATT could do that then, they are 4g here in indy.
    07-14-09 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD