My Priv is about to bite the dust. ;( I've tried to hang on to it as long as I could. I'm a loyal Blackberry user and when I bought my Priv three years ago, I stayed out of the loop as to the latest and greatest Blackberry. Now that it's time for me to invest in a new one, I'm confused. Is Key2 LE the newest and is it good? I'm a simple Blackberry user. I don't require anything fancy, but would like to have one that has bells and whistles just in case. I know it's a matter of personal preference, but don't want to waste my money on one that has a plethora of problems. Any advice is truly appreciated. Thank you.
    10-19-18 02:17 PM
    If you want a physical keyboard to last you a little while there's two options: the KEY2, which is the latest and greatest BlackBerry Android device, or the KEY2 LE, which is cheaper and sits between the KEYone and KEY2 on the totem pole. The KEYone is getting long in the tooth.

If you don't want a physical keyboard, look to some other OEM. Full touch BlackBerry devices are either sold only in India or are nearing discontinuation, and in either case not worth the markup over the competition.

If you're in the United States then what carrier you want to use it on also matters, especially since all of these devices are sold factory unlocked.
    10-19-18 02:41 PM
    I'm sold on the KEY2. Gotta have my physical keyboard. I'm in California, so I'll make sure that it's compatible with AT&T. Thank you!!!
    10-19-18 02:52 PM
    I use a Motion and have no problem recommending it, especially if you're coming from a Priv.
    10-19-18 04:14 PM
    If you want a physical keyboard to last you a little while there's two options: the KEY2, which is the latest and greatest BlackBerry Android device, or the KEY2 LE, which is cheaper and sits between the KEYone and KEY2 on the totem pole. The KEYone is getting long in the tooth.

If you don't want a physical keyboard, look to some other OEM. Full touch BlackBerry devices are either sold only in India or are nearing discontinuation, and in either case not worth the markup over the competition.

If you're in the United States then what carrier you want to use it on also matters, especially since all of these devices are sold factory unlocked.
    The above post is exactly right. There are many good all touch android devices that are not made by Samsung. The LG 7 One interests me at the moment. The Motion is way way over priced.
    10-19-18 05:27 PM
    I bought a refurbished lg g5 and I have to say it is such a bump up from the dtek50. I put cobalt's BlackBerry Hub and services I use nova prime as my launcher and it feels just like my dtek50 except more responsive. Oh and the g5 is on Oreo which is more than I can say for the dtek50 or the Priv. I just don't see the need to pay the BlackBerry tax for a physical keyboard.
    10-19-18 05:39 PM
    If you want a slab wait for the OnePlus 6T launch at the end of the month and put the full suite of BB apps/services on it. Physical KB, Key2 LE is your jam.
    10-19-18 05:52 PM
    I use a Motion and have no problem recommending it, especially if you're coming from a Priv.
    Motions have been unavailable for months in most territories. Only a single small run of them were made, and they are long gone with nothing in the pipeline to replace them.
    10-19-18 06:04 PM
    I'm sold on the KEY2. Gotta have my physical keyboard. I'm in California, so I'll make sure that it's compatible with AT&T. Thank you!!!
    It’s compatible with basic services only. No enhanced calling features like WFC or VoLTE. If you need those enhanced features you will have to buy AT&T carrier branded and even then only certain flagship devices from specific OEMs are now supported as way to get you to purchase more expensive premium devices. Even the AT&T KEYone is not supported.
    10-19-18 08:14 PM
    Motions have been unavailable for months in most territories. Only a single small run of them were made, and they are long gone with nothing in the pipeline to replace them.
    At my workplace in Toronto, people are still getting new Motion's from Bell without issue and everyone that has one is pretty happy with it.
    10-20-18 11:40 AM
    My Priv is about to bite the dust. ;( I've tried to hang on to it as long as I could. I'm a loyal Blackberry user and when I bought my Priv three years ago, I stayed out of the loop as to the latest and greatest Blackberry. Now that it's time for me to invest in a new one, I'm confused. Is Key2 LE the newest and is it good? I'm a simple Blackberry user. I don't require anything fancy, but would like to have one that has bells and whistles just in case. I know it's a matter of personal preference, but don't want to waste my money on one that has a plethora of problems. Any advice is truly appreciated. Thank you.
    If your budget allows it, KEY2. If not, KEY2 LE.

The LE is the lighter phone though at 156g, so if that matters to you more than the touch-sensitive keyboard, then you may prefer it over the KEY2.
    10-21-18 05:24 AM
    my PRIV is nearing end of life so I have been looking at options too...KEY2 for keyboard or a big screen phablet, but the KEY2 looks best so far for me. though the 7.2" Huawei 20X might be a contender...bigger the better....
    the_boon likes this.
    10-21-18 12:00 PM