I have a DM question about this. I recently upgraded my pearl to the 4.5 OS now if I get the curve it will not have that on it nor is the upgrade available from alltel. My question is this can I use my upgraded DM and restore my new phone or will I have to use the downgraded DM to restore? Hope this made sense..
    Thanks!!
    Laurie

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 12:42 PM
    [QUOTE] I have a DM question about this. I recently upgraded my pearl to the 4.5 OS now if I get the curve it will not have that on it nor is the upgrade available from alltel. My question is this can I use my upgraded DM and restore my new phone or will I have to use the downgraded DM to restore? Hope this made sense..
    Thanks!!
    Laurie

I think you're confused about the OS version vs. the DM version. Desktop Manager is up to version 4.6 and is the program you use to upgrade, backup, add/remove apps, etc. The OS is the internal software for your phone. If you're asking whether the desktop manager version you have would work with your new Curve, the answer is yes. You'd still have to upgrade the OS for your new curve, and there are other carriers that have 4.5xx for the curve...
    Last edited by LDubs; 11-10-08 at 01:39 PM. Reason: fixed "quote"
    11-10-08 01:38 PM
    Thanks for your reply! Can I use my current upgraded DM without upgrading the new curve if I wanted to wait for the official alltel upgrade for the curve

11-10-08 01:51 PM
    Yes, the version of DM will not affect your ability to upgrade or
    downgrade, backup or restore your phone(s)
    11-10-08 01:58 PM
    Ok thanks!!

11-10-08 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD