As you've all probably seen, we have a new flagship coming. Most of the Z10 flock might upgrade, but having a Z30, I wonder if the flagship will have something motivating enough to upgrade, other than features received through a software update and minor hardware improvements.

Posted via CB10 on my lovely z30 B)
    spiculated likes this.
    05-13-14 10:21 AM
    As you've all probably seen, we have a new flagship coming. Most of the Z10 flock might upgrade, but having a Z30, I wonder if the flagship will have something motivating enough to upgrade, other than features received through a software update and minor hardware improvements.

What new Flagship?

The Z3 is a Patrol Boat... it has a purpose, but it is not meant to be the new "flagship".

Is there something else coming soon other than the "classic" and some fall super device?
    05-13-14 10:25 AM
    What new Flagship?

The Z3 is a Patrol Boat... it has a purpose, but it is not meant to be the new "flagship".

Is there something else coming soon other than the "classic" and some fall super device?
    I think he means the info from JC that 3 to 4 new devices are coming.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 10:32 AM
    I think he means the info from JC that 3 to 4 new devices are coming.

Posted via CB10
    Yep that's what I was talking about...the expected all touch flagship

05-13-14 10:40 AM

I don't think it will be a minor hardware change, we will at least get 1080 screen and quad-core processor maybe 3 GB of ram who knows

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 10:43 AM
    Didn't see Chen's comments about his conformation about their "plans".

We will have to see what kind of timetable they are working on. There have been lots of rumors about this Fall....
    05-13-14 10:46 AM
    I don't think it will be a minor hardware change, we will at least get 1080 screen and quad-core processor maybe 3 GB of ram who knows

Posted via CB10
    Agree with the screen, but do you think increasing the ram and making it quad core is going to bring a noticeable difference? Unless they bring out something 'special' in terms of hardware, it's just going to be a normal upgrade I guess.

05-13-14 11:00 AM
    Me definitely! Z10 is okay but I need slightly bigger screen, so it's the device I'm waiting for, hopefully it launches in time with my upgrade (about February 2015) in the meantime I might try and get Z30 second hand

Check Out TechCraze
    05-13-14 11:04 AM
    Yes! Either the Windermere or the new all touch.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 11:16 AM
    Agree with the screen, but do you think increasing the ram and making it quad core is going to bring a noticeable difference? Unless they bring out something 'special' in terms of hardware, it's just going to be a normal upgrade I guess.

Gotta look deeper. The processors in Bb10 devices now definitely make for a smooth performance for the platform and you might not notice a ton of difference with a quad core processor, it will go a long way in future proofing the device....especially if u add 3 or 4 GB of RAM. Plus these newer processors are much more power efficient than what we have now. I believe the processors being used now are 2 years old

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 11:23 AM
    I'll be getting both the new full touch flagship and Winderemere, if not Winderemere the BB Classic. I'm most interested in seeing Windermere and a a full touch to replace my Z30. I think it's going to be a beast and I want it right now. Plus the biggest weakness, that being the camera, should be greatly improved on this updated phone and then I'll have the perfect all round phone. Not only that but can you imagine how amazing it'll be with 10.3 and all those glorious high end specs. I'm drooling just thinking about it.
    05-13-14 11:24 AM
    Gotta look deeper. The processors in Bb10 devices now definitely make for a smooth performance for the platform and you might not notice a ton of difference with a quad core processor, it will go a long way in future proofing the device....especially if u add 3 or 4 GB of RAM. Plus these newer processors are much more power efficient than what we have now. I believe the processors being used now are 2 years old

Posted via CB10
    Is it really necessary? The 10.3 leak seems to work really smooth on the Z10. Consider the fact that the first BB10 phone is still smooth after two major updates. It looks like the updates aren't heavy enough to use up the hardware . BlackBerry might be future proofing their products like you say, but it might take a few years before the software comes in par with the specs. And I'm not sure people hold on to their touch phones for so long.

gokulesh likes this.
    05-13-14 11:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    I believe the xtra specs will be useful for our "hated" Android apps too!
    Rello likes this.
    05-13-14 12:02 PM
    I'll be getting both the new full touch flagship and Winderemere, if not Winderemere the BB Classic. I'm most interested in seeing Windermere and a a full touch to replace my Z30. I think it's going to be a beast and I want it right now. Plus the biggest weakness, that being the camera, should be greatly improved on this updated phone and then I'll have the perfect all round phone. Not only that but can you imagine how amazing it'll be with 10.3 and all those glorious high end specs. I'm drooling just thinking about it.
    Really hope they do something about the camera. It's something I'm not very proud of showing off to my friends.

05-13-14 12:02 PM
    I believe the xtra specs will be useful for our "hated" Android apps too!
    Low end android phones run most of them fine, why would BlackBerry need high end specs to run android apps? And I thought BB wasn't into the specs war. I think the performance of APKs are something that can be fixed with software upgrades.

gokulesh likes this.
    05-13-14 12:10 PM
    Low end android phones run most of them fine, why would BlackBerry need high end specs to run android apps? And I thought BB wasn't into the specs war. I think the performance of APKs are something that can be fixed with software upgrades.

Because it's running in a virtual machine on top of what the OS already uses.
    JeepBB, Rello, Rowan M and 1 others like this.
    05-13-14 12:13 PM

Android apps and future updates! Those two are enough to need quad-core and RAM because we can't lie and say all Android apps run smoothly on BlackBerry10

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 01:25 PM
    Android apps and future updates! Those two are enough to need quad-core and RAM because we can't lie and say all Android apps run smoothly on BlackBerry10

Posted via CB10
    I don't have anything against BlackBerry updating their specs...as a loyalist I only want BB10 to perform better of course. All I'm saying or rather, asking, is what percentage of Z30 owners are willing to upgrade just for the sake of improved specs? Wouldn't it be just like Samsung and their Galaxy series? Meaning that you would only have the actual satisfaction of an upgrade if you went for alternative flagships and skip one in between. The Z10 users would certainly love it, but most of the Z30 crowd are pretty much satisfied with their phones. Like I said, wouldn't the upcoming device need something more interesting than revamped specs?

05-13-14 01:41 PM

what new flagship ??????????
    ArjunMC likes this.
    05-13-14 01:49 PM
    what new flagship ??????????
    Haha not released yet! There
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-has...earables-sight

05-13-14 02:09 PM
    I don't have anything against BlackBerry updating their specs...as a loyalist I only want BB10 to perform better of course. All I'm saying or rather, asking, is what percentage of Z30 owners are willing to upgrade just for the sake of improved specs? Wouldn't it be just like Samsung and their Galaxy series? Meaning that you would only have the actual satisfaction of an upgrade if you went for alternative flagships and skip one in between. The Z10 users would certainly love it, but most of the Z30 crowd are pretty much satisfied with their phones. Like I said, wouldn't the upcoming device need something more interesting than revamped specs?

I see a lot of 10 owners stating they are doing just that. Skipping the 30 for what's next.
    05-13-14 02:14 PM

Many jumped from Z10 to Z30 even though it's a really really small jump, so don't you think going from dual-core to quad-core with better camera and screen wouldn't be worth it? plus like stated above, most of the people are waiting for a big jump from the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 04:35 PM
    I have a feeling that the new full touch is an updated Z3 instead of anything worth buying.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 04:50 PM
    I have a feeling that the new full touch is an updated Z3 instead of anything worth buying.

Posted via CB10
    Depends how updated is updated

Check Out TechCraze
    05-13-14 05:15 PM
    I myself would love to see a successor to the Z30 with LTE capability on at&t. If it's got better specs than the Z30, so much the better.
    05-13-14 05:20 PM
52 123