Hi,

I am finally eligible for my upgrade this week and want to know which newer BB seems right for me. I've been off of CB for the most part lately and have no clue. I currently have the 8330 and love it. I will not switch from Verizon and do not want a touch screen. I want Wifi, CDMA to use out of the country, the ability to upgrade to the 6 OS, GPS, good camera, good memory, and easy keyboard to use. I've been reading about the new track pad...is it preferable to the trackball? Also..I've read that some of the new phones actually have a useable BB browser...if that's the case...I would like that too but can get by with mini-opera.

If I should wait a few months for something else...please let me know that too.

Any and all suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
    08-22-10 11:41 PM
    Sounds like you want the 9650.
    08-22-10 11:44 PM
    Check out the Bold 9650. It has everything you're looking for. Trackpad, 512mb of memory, WiFi. Great camera, High resolution screen, top of the line keyboard, a real solid device. It is also OS6 ready, which will have the new webkit browser. The native browser is ok. I highly recommend the 9650.
    08-22-10 11:50 PM
    The only BB device on Verizon to get 6.0 is the Bold and it is also global
    You will like this BB very much. It is great. I had the Tour and Curve and this one tops them all.
    08-23-10 12:34 AM
    I just upgraded from the 8330 and I can honestly say that the 8330 is a piece of crap! I got the 9650 and its smooth sailing with it no matter what I am doing. With the 8330 I would always get the timer thing popping up and slowing me down as I switched applications or errors of all kinds of sorts. Once I got this and updated the BBM to the new version it was AMAZING!!! You will LOVE IT!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 12:53 AM
    I do not agree that the 8330 is a piece of junk. It is a competent device that has served and continues to serve millions well, and the hourglass symptoms are usually a memory management issue. I used one for several years. With that said, I've discovered the 9650 Bold is a far superior device in every aspect I could think of. OS6-ready, 512mb memory, killer screen, much faster, better browser, Wi-Fi, global-phone-capable with SIM card, trackpad instead of trackball. It's a fine device and I'd highly recommend it for your consideration.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-23-10 07:34 AM
    Wow..thanks everyone. It looks like the 9650 is it. I do have a question though...why not the not 9700? I see that many more people seem to have that device. Is it because I want the 6 OS?
    08-23-10 08:02 AM
    Wow..thanks everyone. It looks like the 9650 is it. I do have a question though...why not the not 9700? I see that many more people seem to have that device. Is it because I want the 6 OS?
    For me, it's Verizon :-) YMMV And I like the smaller form factor of the 9650. And the 512mb memory. And, oh, yes, future OS6 is a definite plus.

08-23-10 08:10 AM
    I do not agree that the 8330 is a piece of junk. It is a competent device that has served and continues to serve millions well, and the hourglass symptoms are usually a memory management issue. I used one for several years. With that said, I've discovered the 9650 Bold is a far superior device in every aspect I could think of. OS6-ready, 512mb memory, killer screen, much faster, better browser, Wi-Fi, global-phone-capable with SIM card, trackpad instead of trackball. It's a fine device and I'd highly recommend it for your consideration.

Agreed 100%, the 8330 was a fantastic device, and while I LOVE my Tour, if I were forced back into the 8330 for some strange reason, I wouldn't be overly upset, it was a dandy device indeed.

I agree with everyone on here, go with the 9650, it has EVERYTHING that you request. I personally like the trackball over the trackpad, but that's just me...
    08-23-10 08:11 AM
    For me, it's Verizon :-) YMMV And I like the smaller form factor of the 9650. And the 512mb memory. And, oh, yes, future OS6 is a definite plus.

Ok..got it..I'm on Verizon too..and I will not leave...memory of all the years of trauma with Sprint Looks like the 9650 is it...I'm so excited. BTW...I LOVE my Curve...it was a perfect introduction to BB and a great device....I'm going to miss my pink device though.....
    08-23-10 08:23 AM
    Bold 9650 sounds like your next perfect BB. Good Luck!
    08-23-10 08:25 AM
    Great choice indeed, unless ya wanna ride it out a couple months to see what RIM throws at VZW but it all comes down to your choice and I can't and will not force you to purchase anything.

The 8330 was my favorite BB of all times, it was seriously a tank in build quality. I had the hourglass of death for a couple weeks till I figured out how to install better OS's and what not. Loved that BB a lot and I would purchase it again.

I love my Tour though even though we are going through some rough relationship issues at the moment, this BB is also a tank in build quality (well mine is ). It has survived along with me and my bike from getting creamed by a car and numerous low level drops from being a drunken mess.

The 9650 will suit you well indeed, enjoy whatever choice you choose and don't be shy to pop ya head in here whenever ya get the chance.

Thnx, Tripster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 08:36 AM
    It's not because of that. The 9700 is GSM only phone and you don't want to leave Verzion which is a CDMA network.
    08-24-10 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD