i've been using my bb8900 for 4months now. one day.. something happened to the phone. some of my applications dont work anymore..

"upgrade your service to a plan that browsing and discover a world of possibilities at blackberry app world. contact your service provider for more details" <---- This shows up when i try to open my blackberry app world.

"could not connect because a data service is not available" shows up when i try to use my facebook or windows live messenger on my phone.

HOWEVER, pandora, maps or the internet browser works fine..
    i can send BBMs. but i cant receive them..

i called tmobile and they did a network reset on the phone, i did a battery pull and the problem still exist..

btw. i have the DATA PLAN. i've been using it for 4 months already..
    Last edited by magicks; 12-13-09 at 06:21 PM.
    12-13-09 06:09 PM
    But do you have a BlackBerry specific data plan as opposed to a generic data plan?

If you do, then for some reason, you aren't set up correctly in TMobile's system. Have you resent your Service Books and re-registered your Host Routing Table?

If those measures don't fix it, you will have to call them back and have them troubleshoot further.
    12-13-09 06:27 PM
    Try resending your host routing table. Options>advanced options > host routing tables> menu > register now. You can also make sure your data connection is on by options>mobile network > data services > on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 06:31 PM
    Try resending your host routing table. Options>advanced options > host routing tables> menu > register now. You can also make sure your data connection is on by options>mobile network > data services > on.

my data services is on.

i've done the host routing table thing too. they send me a text saying "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network"

still doesn't work.
    12-13-09 06:40 PM
    call tmo, make sure content block isnt on and that blackberry features enabler is not on either.
    12-13-09 08:27 PM
    Call tmobile and have them send you directly yo RIM tech support (it is free that way). Have RIM check out your data plan and make sure everything is working. They can usually fix any problems with your data plan. Mine was not working correctly and they fixed it in about 10 minutes. ATT tech service had no clue.

12-13-09 08:36 PM
    i called. after 1hour 30mins of technical assistance and stuff, still nothing.
    i ended up reformatting the phone and redownloading everything back.. but same thing..

broswer work..
    bbm doesn't work
    12-14-09 03:24 AM
    I have been upgrading OS costantly cuz of the recent leaks and i have gotten the same message when my coverage radio is off.
    I think it could be your OS. See if you can upgrade or restore it to your carrier's official build.
    12-14-09 09:04 AM
    You just need to resend the service books. Log on to the BIS website, click Help and Send Service Books. That will fix it.
    02-05-10 01:34 PM
    my data services is on.

i've done the host routing table thing too. they send me a text saying "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network"

still doesn't work.
    it worked for me!!!!!! after so many tries, tried download OTA, sd, browser... the solution was so simple. Thank You man, You saved my life.
    06-16-10 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD