Hi guys i'm soon able to upgrade, currently have a Dtek50, get on ok with it apart from poor battery life, anyone recommend a decent replacement ? Like the size of the Dtek , been looking at the Motion is that any good ,similar size i assume, or are the Key1 ,Key2 or priv worth getting ? Are those 3 larger in size, fit in a pocket easily ?
    Thanks, any advice will be helpfull.
    Kev
    02-13-19 01:41 AM
    Hi guys i'm soon able to upgrade, currently have a Dtek50, get on ok with it apart from poor battery life, anyone recommend a decent replacement ? Like the size of the Dtek , been looking at the Motion is that any good ,similar size i assume, or are the Key1 ,Key2 or priv worth getting ? Are those 3 larger in size, fit in a pocket easily ?
    Kev
    If you want a virtual keyboard then the Motion is the only device available unless you are in the UK or India and then you have access to the Evolve . Both devices are a huge improvement on the DTek 50 . Fantastic battery life , both run Oreo. Camera on the Motion not great but just about okay .

If you want a physical keyboard you have three choices Key One , Key Two and Key Two LE . Again all three run Oreo . The Key Two runs 6gb ram which if I am not mistaken is the biggest
    across the range.

Size wise pretty much similar to the DTek 50 for all other devices.

It will come down to personal preference regarding keyboard choice but overall all the devices are well worth their price tag and recommended.
    02-13-19 01:49 AM
    I recommend the KEY2 LE
    02-13-19 10:08 AM
    Ks are very similar overall dimensions to your dtek50. Fwiw. If, like myself, you type slower than you read, optimizing typing experience makes most sense, imo. Of my three K's, K2LE is fastest and most precise. In my hand at least. Fwiw.
    02-13-19 01:34 PM
    I would also say the Key2 LE, nice product for the money.
    the_boon and Sime0n_S like this.
    02-13-19 01:48 PM
    Thanks guys ,much appreciated
    02-13-19 02:37 PM
    one plus 6
    02-13-19 10:50 PM
    Just upgraded from BlackBerry PRIV to the BlackBerry Evolve. Purchased it through Ebay as it's not officially available to the UK and I'm loving 5.99 inch screen, slim biggest battery in a BlackBerry. VKB is excellent with the big screen, never really used the PKB on the BlackBerry PRIV. Great phone to have.
    Attached Thumbnails Upgrade options from DTEK50?-1703.jpg  
    02-16-19 02:56 PM
    Just upgraded from BlackBerry PRIV to the BlackBerry Evolve. Purchased it through Ebay as it's not officially available to the UK and I'm loving 5.99 inch screen, slim biggest battery in a BlackBerry. VKB is excellent with the big screen, never really used the PKB on the BlackBerry PRIV. Great phone to have.
    Attached Thumbnails Upgrade options from DTEK50?-1704.jpg  
    02-16-19 02:57 PM
    Kev
    Treat yourself to the top KEY2, you will be future proofing yourself with the 6GB RAM and 3500mAh battery.

It seems you keep your devices long, so rather buy the right one now and have it last as long as your DTEK50 did. If you can, try get the 128GB KEY2, but otherwise the 64GB is fine.

Wouldn't touch the KEY2 LE for a long term device, unless you plan on upgrading again next year, as it will face issues, with 6GB RAM becoming the standard Android affair, phones with 4GB RAM are starting to struggle, just look at Google's own Pixel 3 XL and it's endless issues with multitasking.
    02-17-19 03:57 AM
    Treat yourself to the top KEY2, you will be future proofing yourself with the 6GB RAM and 3500mAh battery.

It seems you keep your devices long, so rather buy the right one now and have it last as long as your DTEK50 did. If you can, try get the 128GB KEY2, but otherwise the 64GB is fine.

Wouldn't touch the KEY2 LE for a long term device, unless you plan on upgrading again next year, as it will face issues, with 6GB RAM becoming the standard Android affair, phones with 4GB RAM are starting to struggle, just look at Google's own Pixel 3 XL and it's endless issues with multitasking.
    I used to have a KEY2 and now using the LE, and honestly I don't feel like I have any serious issues with RAM at all. Obviously 6GB would allow for a bit more apps to be in memory without them reloading
    02-17-19 12:44 PM
    Good deal on KEY2: https://www.phonearena.com/news/blac...-deal_id113773
    I used to have a KEY2 and now using the LE, and honestly I don't feel like I have any serious issues with RAM at all. Obviously 6GB would allow for a bit more apps to be in memory without them reloading
    Yeah for now, but in a year's time it may be different and considering how long the OP seems to keep their phones, should they rather not get the best they can right now to avoid having to buy replace sooner?
    02-18-19 12:17 PM
    Good deal on KEY2: https://www.phonearena.com/news/blac...-deal_id113773
    Yeah for now, but in a year's time it may be different and considering how long the OP seems to keep their phones, should they rather not get the best they can right now to avoid having to buy replace sooner?
    I switched to the LE because I thought it was the bit more reliable device overall, maybe it'll be slow by 2022 but I'll have moved to a newer KEY by then
    02-18-19 01:59 PM