Hey friends. This is my very first post on this forum. I have been searching a lot of threads and benefiting from the valuable suggestions and solutions from all the experts here and I would like some help regarding the updating of my OS. Now I am a newbie, just bought my unlocked Bold 9700 and don't have much sense of it but i want to upgrade to the latest OS. Can someone give me a link or please tell me a detailed way of doing it.

Thanks a million in advance.
    09-09-11 05:28 PM
    Ok here goes

Make sure you download Desktop Manager from the blackberry website

Then when booting desktop manager attach the USB cable to your computer and device

Once all the passwords and all are given then you will click update device in the top-left dropdown menu

DM will check for updates. If it went successful with your carrier and DM you should get some version of OS 6.
    If not that means your carrier doesn't support OS 6 yet.
    You can still upgrade but that's tough to do hope this helped!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    hassaan7 likes this.
    09-09-11 05:34 PM
    What would be my carrier? This phone is originally from Orange but I got it unlocked and now I'm using it with another operator.
    09-09-11 05:41 PM
    Whatever operator you are on right now

09-09-11 06:06 PM
    I haven't activated my BIS yet. I guess that means I can't upgrade yet. Thanks a lot for your help anyway
    09-09-11 06:08 PM
    You don't need BIS for upgrade just a SIM or plan. DM checks for phone number

hassaan7 likes this.
    09-09-11 06:13 PM
    Oh. Ok. Let me try and get back to you if i face any problem. Thanks again
    09-09-11 06:17 PM
    It said 'This BlackBerry� Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry� solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry� service, please visit blackberry . com '

09-11-11 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD