Hi,

my first post and I am totally frustrated in the lack of info on how to upgrade my system.

Background:

Need to bridge the Bold 9000 to the playbook.
    Need OS 5 at least (have 4.6 on board)
    Have the latest Blackberry Desktop software on my iMac.

Problem:

I have tried the update on the desktop but says none available.
    I can only find .exe files to download which will not work on a mac

Can anyone help me please?
    10-22-11 04:15 AM
    What carrier are you on? If it's AT&T it should upgrade automatically through desktop manager, there is an option to check for upgrades in the applications part I think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    davwhite likes this.
    10-22-11 04:35 AM
    If you downloaded an official/leaked OS online it's not possible to upgrade using a Mac, unless of course you have Boot Camp installed. If not, you'll need a Windows computer.
    Last edited by Ammunet91; 10-22-11 at 09:10 AM. Reason: spelling error
    10-22-11 09:05 AM
    If you downloaded an official/leaked OS online it's not possible to upgrade using a Mac, unless of course you have Boot Camp installed. If not, you'll need a Windows computer.
    If you want to install an official OS from a carrier that is not your own or a leaked/hybrid OS, you can also run Windows in a virtual environment.

But either way, you need Windows, either on a partition in Bootcamp or virtually on your Mac, or else borrow a PC.
    10-22-11 11:09 AM
    Yep, unfortunately it's not easy for us Mac users. Partitioning the hard drive is the only way to do it. Fortunately I have a little netbook that I have used for OS updates (but it's slow). Sometimes I snag my parents' PC. I would highly recommend grabbing a cheap netbook if it's in your budget as it might save you the hassle of partitioning your hard drive, but it depends on your preference.
    10-22-11 12:08 PM
    Yep, unfortunately it's not easy for us Mac users. Partitioning the hard drive is the only way to do it. Fortunately I have a little netbook that I have used for OS updates (but it's slow). Sometimes I snag my parents' PC. I would highly recommend grabbing a cheap netbook if it's in your budget as it might save you the hassle of partitioning your hard drive, but it depends on your preference.
    Actually, partitioning would not be necessary.

VMware Fusion: Run Windows on Mac for Desktop Virtualization

http://www.parallels.com/
    laurah2215 and davwhite like this.
    10-22-11 12:16 PM
    That's cool. Thanks for posting. I had never seen that before.
    10-22-11 02:05 PM
    Thanks everyone, I've climbed down from the roof and considering jumping And I off to the store to get a Bold 9780 which will bridge across to the tablet ok.
    10-22-11 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD