1. MacTxGirl's Avatar
    Ok, so this is really a "1st world problems" question lol.

    Last December, I upgraded from an 8310 to the 9800. Fell in love. In August I wanted the 9810, so mom (family plan) let me use her upgrade, as long as I gave her my 9800. Done. Upgraded my daughter's phone the other day (not a smartphone!) and they told me I was eligible for an upgrade again!

    So...should I get another Blackberry just because? I wouldn't mind having another one as backup. Or should I wait until next year for BB OS10 to come out?
    12-27-11 04:36 AM
  2. jhanks64's Avatar
    I always think it's a good idea to have a spare. Who knows for sure when the new BB10 phones will come out and you will want one.
    12-27-11 04:51 AM
  3. ichat's Avatar
    Depends how much you trust RIM with releasing their phones. This year they did do some phone releases on time. Also its a good idea for a spare but if you want to wait for BB10 then there really isn't any problem.
    12-27-11 05:32 AM
  4. SRR500's Avatar
    In your situation, I would hold the upgrade. You already have an os7 device that you like and the upgrade is available to use if something should happen to your phone. If not, it will be waiting for you to use when BB10 shows up.
    12-27-11 07:47 AM
  5. kill_9's Avatar
    At the rate of unfulfilled promises coming from Research In (Gear-grinding)Motion I would not bet the farm on the next generation of smartphones appearing in 2012. If the first smartphone is released in a state anything resembling the state of the BlackBerry PlayBook their goose is cooked. Keep your upgrade option in reserve since you can use it anytime.
    12-27-11 08:40 AM
  6. elvin1983's Avatar
    Ok, so this is really a "1st world problems" question lol.

    Last December, I upgraded from an 8310 to the 9800. Fell in love. In August I wanted the 9810, so mom (family plan) let me use her upgrade, as long as I gave her my 9800. Done. Upgraded my daughter's phone the other day (not a smartphone!) and they told me I was eligible for an upgrade again!

    So...should I get another Blackberry just because? I wouldn't mind having another one as backup. Or should I wait until next year for BB OS10 to come out?
    I'd save the upgrade... No need to have a device just sitting in a closet only to be used if you break your current one... Plus, you SHOULD have insurance on your line anyways so...
    12-27-11 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD