Okay, so you'l probably see that the new os has come out for the curve 8520,
    So, i downloaded and installed it.. deleted vendor.. then when i got to update it just said no update available?
    I upgraded to .592 (which im stuck on now) and wanted to go to the new .68 whatever one. when i updated that im sure i didnt use desktop manager. but did it through some other program, any help on this?
    05-27-10 10:45 AM
    Yep. Use loader.exe found in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 10:55 AM
    but how do you update using that? it just comes up with all my app
    05-27-10 11:04 AM
    help.. guys?
    05-28-10 01:28 AM
    If you didn't do it already, you should uninstall the old os from your pc, then, with the new os installed, run loader.exe and it should work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 01:36 AM
    Okay, ill have to do it later because i have to go out now.. but im sure i followed a nice tutorial using the loader .exe app which if someone could find would be awesome.
    05-28-10 01:59 AM
    05-28-10 02:12 AM
    Thanks, but no. i have already looked trhough them, and i was hoping for one using the loader .exe apllication not that desktop one, sorry. i think the one i used before was just some random posters on personal one so i probably wont find it anytime soon.
    05-28-10 09:58 AM
    1. Download the OS and install it on your PC. (Make sure you have already removed -- via Remove/Add Programs in Control Panel -- any older OS you have installed on your PC.)

2. Delete the file vendor.xml (it's in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\)

3. Connect your Bold to your PC and run App Loader (you'll find it in the same place where you found vendor.xml: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe).

4. Follow the prompts, making sure the default of having App Loader back up and restore your data and apps is selected.
    05-28-10 12:18 PM