INFO: I'm using a mac. I'm with Bell Mobility. I have a tour 9630 v 4.7.1.57

I've searched these forums and tried everything, but i still can't seem to get this to work!

So basically I sent in my tour for repairs in the summer, for my trackball, and they fixed it, but they sent it back to me with the v4.7.1.57 version. Therefore I can't update my bbm to the new version, or even the one I previously had. its the REALLY really old one.

I've tried to update it in the following ways and it hasn't worked:

1. i tried connecting to Desktop Manager for mac and looking for device updates. It says that there aren't any updates (which is A LIE because I had a newer software)

2. I tried using the Blackberry website to update

3. I tried random verizon links

4. I tried checking for software updates on a friends PC

NOTHING worked. Please help me!

I also read something about some vendor.xml file... um tried searching, doesnt exist on my comp.

sorry, don't get frustrated with me, i'm usually pretty good at techy stuff for a girl.

Thank you I appreciate it <3
    10-16-10 09:20 PM
    I too am a Mac user only I have the 9700. The one thing that I have learned since a desktop manager for Mac has come out is when you plug in your phone to the mac it will read what it needs to and if there is an official BlackBerry OS release from your carrier it will do the install. Trying to install a Hybrid is next to impossible on a Mac and to be honest this thread has me quite curious. If any other CrackBerry members have any secrets to make this work please share with us.

Cheers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 09:38 PM
    Well see the thing is, I HAD a newer version so its not like my carrier doesnt have one.

aaaah
    10-16-10 09:44 PM
    Check this link for your most current software.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...D8A486D7.node2
    10-17-10 01:43 AM
    Having a mac too, I've not found any good way to install a update from it. The only way I've been able to update my Bold 9700's software is plugging it into our windows computer. I've also tried a virtual machine running under Parallels desktop 5, with no luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 09:11 AM
    There is a common thread here, the Mac is not an ideal platform for doing a BlackBerry OS upgrade.

It is able to upgrade using the carrier recommended software, but it does not have the ability to upgrade from a local install of the device OS software.

There are techniques to work around the limitations, but it would be so much simpler to borrow/rent some time on a Windows PC.

You will need to install both BlackBerry Desktop Manager and a copy of the latest available device OS software.
    10-17-10 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD