Hi, i updated my Blackberry curve, my internet was fine before the update. If i click on the browser icon a message comes up saying unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. I am on Giff Gaff and have unlimited internet usage so i know its not because of that. Also in the top right corner my phone used to display EDGE now it displays GPRS.
    Can anyone please help me
    Thank you!!
    02-09-13 05:20 AM
    I remember an article somewhere saying that for BlackBerry's own Browser on their phones, you need to be on BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service). Although, if you are in an app and click on a Browser link, it wil open it and take you there. But, if you want to go straight to the browser, you need BIS. EDGE is a poor type of internet connection. GPRS is like what's used on SatNavs, so I don't know why it's showing that.
    02-09-13 07:09 AM
    Hi, i updated my Blackberry curve, my internet was fine before the update. If i click on the browser icon a message comes up saying unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. I am on Giff Gaff and have unlimited internet usage so i know its not because of that. Also in the top right corner my phone used to display EDGE now it displays GPRS.
    Can anyone please help me
    Thank you!!

Are you on BIS? Have you set up you email from the BIS site for your carrier or you phone? It sounds like you simply need send your service books which is performed from the BIS site.

Do you know how to do this?
    02-09-13 08:33 AM
    I remember an article somewhere saying that for BlackBerry's own Browser on their phones, you need to be on BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service). Although, if you are in an app and click on a Browser link, it wil open it and take you there. But, if you want to go straight to the browser, you need BIS. EDGE is a poor type of internet connection. GPRS is like what's used on SatNavs, so I don't know why it's showing that.
    I have a Curve 9360 and am on a pay as you go plan. No BIS. I have unlimited internet on my phone. I do know that when I got it, the rep wanted me to test the internet as she said not all BB phones will work. My son and I both have this phone and we both have unlimited internet with never any issues. Maybe I won't update my phone next time.
    02-09-13 09:08 AM
    Hi, I am not too sure what BIS is and if i have it or not. only had the phone a few months and not really sure how it all works :-/
    02-09-13 12:41 PM
    Call your carrier. I hope you know what a carrier is.
    02-09-13 12:42 PM
    I am not sure how to do this,
    02-09-13 12:43 PM
    Call your carrier. I hope you know what a carrier is.
    giff gaff do not have a call centre, any problems u have to write it on giff gaffs forum
    02-09-13 12:45 PM
    So what does their forum suggest you do?
    02-09-13 12:54 PM
    So what does their forum suggest you do?
    manually add APN settings
    02-09-13 01:04 PM
    Maybe you should switch carriers.
    02-09-13 07:23 PM