I just wanted to give an update to a previous thread I started here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/need...-iphone-56174/

The company has finally made a choice on what platform to use "Either Blackberry or IPhone" Well unfortunately it is neither. Our IT department has decided the best thing for t he company will be the use of Microsoft Windows Mobile Devices. For example the Blackjack or the HTC. It seems with the whole company using Microsoft for everything: our servers, laptops and email. Windows Mobile offers better configuration plus the ability for HTML mail, outlook mobile products and live messenger (we use it inter-office messaging), this seems logical.

All in all I'm going to miss using my berry for work related but will always use it for personal stuff and by the way I have decided to go head and go with an HTC phone, not sure which one yet, except I like the Diamond but it doesn't seem to be available in the US yet.
    07-30-08 08:51 PM
    Yeah, my company did the same thing. I have to carry the HTC Mogul as well as my Curve.

Windows Mobile is poopy.
    07-30-08 10:15 PM
    Sorry about the bad news. I had the HTC phone and I absolutely 100% hated it, along with Windows Mobile. I actually hated it so much I returned it for a run of the mill, regular, flip phone.

Thank goodness you still have BB for personal use!
    07-30-08 10:19 PM
    Yeah, no kidding!

They had a company write software so that we can access customer accounts on the road. Unfortunately they had the software written for WM.
    07-30-08 10:35 PM
    I am not looking reaaly forward to this update but the company seems to be willing to cover all �he expenses of getting new phones, so it can't be all bad. I just started to forward my work email to a new gmail account I opened, so now I can still get work email on my BB, I guess you can't hold a good barry down!! And if the HTC does suck then it will make a great paper weight.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 04:22 AM
    Oh dear, that really sucks! As mentioned above, the Windows Mobile device might make a decent paperweight...that's what my old Windows Mobile device is doing! Too bad the newer ones are too light to make effective paperweights

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 06:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD