First, the original thread is here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/conf...g-pearl-49438/

Now, for the update: we went down to our wireless provider bright and early today (7:30 am!); and my daughter got an 8300 Curve, which is the same one that I have. (They didn't have any Pearls; they said they are phasing them out. I didn't ask.)

Rather than dump all of my hard-won knowledge of 8300 Curves all over her, I told her, "I know a bunch of stuff about the Curve; if you have questions after using it, come to me, and I will tell you what I know as you need it."

Yes, I know she will need to do Stoner's Guide to maximizing her File Free memory (or more likely, I will end up doing it for her), but I think she should have the fun of finding out stuff on her Curve for herself! And, I consider it quite likely that at some future point she will be educating me on finer points.

So, there you have it; she bought a Curve! Let the addiction begin!
    07-17-08 01:19 PM
    Nice!! Talked out of Pearl... talked into Curve!! I can handle that mentality!

And, yes, part of the fun of the Berry is dicovering stuff on your own and learning about the device. The CB community is great and I learn something new every day!!
    07-17-08 01:21 PM
    Yay! Pearl to curve, I like it. Nice move letting her discover her curve herself. She'll have a blast.
    07-17-08 01:25 PM
    Wow I'm so glad she didn't get an Ericsson. OMG.
    She will be so happy with the Curve. My first BB was the 8100 Pearl (paid full price for it the day it came out because I thought it was soooo cool... and I had just gone into the store to browse!) I was so glad I ditched my Razr for it. I didn't like it at first, but then I got online and started browsing forums and saw what all it could do. Next day, I called AT&T, got my data plan set up, and I was all over it!

Then I started browsing the forums and saw the new Curve coming out. I drooled over it for quite some time before my boyfriend bought me the 8300 back in November as an early XMas gift. It had a short life, sadly and now I have my 8310. I will never stray from the Curve.

She will be sooo happy.
    07-17-08 01:30 PM
    Good hope she like it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 01:45 PM
    Wow! Great thinking!

07-17-08 01:47 PM
    Excellent Kathryn. And her mom's a BB pro, what could be better.
    07-17-08 01:49 PM
    You knew she was going to get a Curve. It is an adult's machine.
    07-17-08 01:54 PM
    Great news,
    weirdly enough this could even turn into
    little side projects yall can work on
    together.
    very good to hear
    07-17-08 02:33 PM
    Glad to see she got the curve . She is going to love discovering new things about the phone. I know I did, and I am still enjoying it!

07-17-08 02:47 PM
    Good choice. I love my curve and am so glad my tmo rep told me about crackberry. She'll have so much fun.

07-17-08 03:29 PM
    Glad to hear it!

What's her CrackBerry.com username? LOL
    07-17-08 03:32 PM
    I'm glad she finally got one
    Tell her I said congratulations
    07-17-08 03:35 PM
    The Curve is AWESOME.
    07-17-08 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD