Does anyone know what's happening regarding the lawsuit that Basis International filed against RIM over BBX?
    12-02-11 12:27 PM
    BASIS Files Motion for a Temporary Restraining Order Against RIM's Use of BBX - MarketWatch

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M., Dec 01, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- BASIS International Ltd. yesterday filed a motion for a temporary restraining order barring Research in Motion (RIM) from using BASIS' incontestable federally registered trademark "BBX" at RIM's Asian DevCon in Singapore on December 7 and 8.

"Because of the ubiquity of the Internet, as well as the intentional use of this and other technologies to reach the entire world, the geographic reach of the conference is greatly amplified. As a result, BASIS customers and potential customers from the United States, Asia, and other locations throughout the world will be exposed to RIM's use of the BBX mark at the conference." says BASIS Chairman and CEO Nico Spence in declaring support of the motion.

Spence continues, "BBX's reputation of platform independence that BASIS has carefully nurtured and promoted for over a quarter of a century is being systematically wiped out by RIM. The extent of the realignment of the world's media to immediately associate BBX with BlackBerry, and therefore a single platform, is perfectly illustrated by blog entries such as this one from earlier today. Software developers interested in selecting a platform-independent development tool won't take the time to discover that BASIS' BBX is not the same as BlackBerry BBX."

BASIS released version 11.11 of BBj, the latest generation of BBX, on 11.11.11. See this newest release in action by running the sample restaurant tip calculator and home mortgage calculator applications from links.basis.com/buidemos to experience BASIS' BBX platform-independent solutions for yourself on your own smartphone or tablet.

About BASIS

BASIS International Ltd. is a global software company whose software developer community is a worldwide network of partners for whom the BASIS "BBx Generations" of products form the foundation for proven and reliable software solutions. Since 1985, BASIS' mission has been to blaze a trail by producing ambitious and innovative programming languages, database products, development tools, and an application framework for their community to build upon. BASIS is committed to delivering platform independence to the server and client, including browser-based mobile clients.

Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/...093004&lang=en

SOURCE: BASIS International Ltd.
    I thought the part in bold is interesting.
    bounce007 likes this.
    12-02-11 06:46 PM
    what about the civil lawsuit?
    12-02-11 07:08 PM
    Thanks Howie! I really want to see how this will end/or be settled. My girlfriend is in her final year of law school and she asked me if I heard about it because it was brought up in one of her IP classes...

Thanks again mate!
    12-02-11 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD