Withdrawn unable to delete
    Last edited by jrohland; 03-27-12 at 05:59 AM.
    03-03-12 07:00 AM
    This year I tried a WP7 Samsung Focus and 2 Android devices, both Motorola, this past year. I think they're pretty and can be fun but the function was not even close to Blackberry. People gripe about apps and BB is behind when it comes to apps and games but if you need to communicate it's still the best. Android has become comfortable and they continue to make little updates but nothing really advances in a 'wow' sort of way. I'm hoping that Blackberry can 'wow' us this year. With TAT and QNX perhaps the app experience will become more on par with the other OS's in the market today.

I'd love to see a Bold with all touch screen and no physical keyboard. They should keep it the same size and shape as the 9900. I find the issue with virtual keyboards is that the phone shape is too narrow (tried the Torch 9860) of a portrait rectangle. The Bold's shape makes it a great candidate for all screen touch.
    03-03-12 07:23 AM
    They've shown they're capable of producing exciting stuff (Ex. conference demos that really excite people).

I looks like the playbook currently has the top html5 browser.
    Currently, PIM on the playbook is the best.
    The playbook swiping UI is currently (IMO) also the best.

On any current phone switching between running applications is not great

BB10 phones will be easy like the playbook and this will be a strong selling point.

I personally really like the physical keyboard on the bold. It's an instrument for typing
    Last edited by anthogag; 03-03-12 at 07:46 AM.
    03-03-12 07:43 AM
    RIM currently is under leveraged, once everything comes into place, many things will seem obvious (value/market breath) Even the naysayers will be back.
    03-03-12 07:52 AM
    I forgot one other item in the list, possibly the most important:

I believe RIM is in the process of scrapping the old NOC in favor of a modern Cloud based ecosystem. I think we are already seeing it used on the PlayBook. The contact app must have a communication channel to RIM in order for it to know when your Vid Chat contacts are online.
    In your opinion will this render the NOC useless or does it fill future needs of the BB economy system?
    03-04-12 12:29 AM
    I forgot one other item in the list, possibly the most important:

I believe RIM is in the process of scrapping the old NOC in favor of a modern Cloud based ecosystem. I think we are already seeing it used on the PlayBook. The contact app must have a communication channel to RIM in order for it to know when your Vid Chat contacts are online.

If RIM kills the NOC, I will no longer have 2 BlackBerry's the NOC is what keeps me on 2 BlackBerry's
    RIM can't do data compression and end to end encryption with cloud activesync systems
    03-04-12 07:14 AM
    RIM is still pretty adamant about data efficiency, I really can't see the removal of the NOC, as it is the source of their push service, battery efficiency, and REVENUE STREAM.
    The NOC accounts for $5,000,000,000 a year in revenue, and that has been growing, to kill off the NOC they'd need to find other ways to replace that higher margin revenue stream, it just doesn't make sense, I can see them using the NOC like BES is going to be used, and make it a tunnel, I travel, and data compression of the BlackBerry is a KEY factor for keeping usage costs down. because in the USA people have this rosey coloured glass about data with everything being such high caps it isn't a big issue, and the majority of people never leave the USA, so they don't have to worry about it, in Canada there are expensive data caps, and when traveling outside of Canada that goes up extensively,
    Country's like India who has a HUGE population but limited infrastructure benefit greatly by the NOC data compression and device efficiency, Countries like the UK, who have no short term LTE plans due to not having recouped the costs of HSPA deployment will be looking toward data efficiency to maximize their profits per tower .

There is A LOT to be said to the advantages of the NOC when you look at a global picture.
    03-04-12 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD