I use an application on my Windows Mobile which pulls birthdays from your contact data and displays the upcoming ones on your front screen.

Is there a way to do this with a blackberry application?

11-09-08 03:52 AM
    That's a cool app. There may be something in a 3rd party app that will have a similar function. In the mean time, the calendar in the BB allows you to have reoccurring appointments. I put my friend's bdays in there and they will always appear on the calendar as their birthday approaches. You can set reminders to pop up when their day approaches.

I hope this helps.
    11-09-08 07:12 AM
    I set all birthdays in my calendar. I get an alarm to remind me as the day approaches. If you find a cool app let us know, I would be interested in checking it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 09:48 AM
    Check this out - not sure it's what you're looking for though: How To Get Birthday From Calendar | Birthday Calendar Reminder Appointment reviews and free downloads. BTW, welcome to CB! :-)
    11-09-08 10:15 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm looking for something less reactive than a 'reminder' that alarms at a certain time. If you look at my screenshot above, this app is great because from one simple add of the birthday to your contact data - it automatically sits on the front screen and shows you upcoming birthdays.

Is it really not possible? I'm suprised.
    11-09-08 11:27 AM
    Seriously, why on earth would I spend 30 dollars on an app when I can just go through and put them in manually and do a reminder for FREE?
    11-09-08 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD