Dear All of the BB community,

I have heard through a few people/press that the new BB Onyx is supposed to be in the stores around Xmas time. Is this correct?

I wish to update my current BB but am unsure whether to wait for this or not?

What is the best advice?

Many thanks,

Hans BB
    09-20-09 06:26 AM
    I would suggest just to wait at least 6 months for them to fix whatever software/hardware/screen/whatever other issues will happen when they release it. IMHO!

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 06:29 AM
    I second Tripsters advice. Usually its OS bugs that have issues. They do get them fixed rather quickly but its jus annoying. I wait for a while and let everyone else work through it first lol.

09-20-09 06:56 AM
    I'll third that!

When the Bold was launched in the UK Orange stopped selling it for a while due to issues with their OS. I was about a fortnight away from my upgrade when it came out but within that fortnight it had been withdrawn.

Was released again soon and I've had no problems other than wi-fi issues that appeared carrier related and 1 trackball that stopped responding.

Every manufacturer does testing before launch but nothing tests a phone like launching it. As everyone else has said let other people find and report the bugs and give RIM time to fix them and then swoop in.

09-20-09 07:18 AM
    Of course this all depends on how soon you want/need a new device. I would wait

09-20-09 07:59 AM
    I agree with all previous members on the fact that you should wait. Don't jump on the bandwagon of pre-ordering or buying a device that has not been truly tested in day to day scenarios by consumers or reviewed thoroughly by a respectable forum (like this one).
    09-20-09 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD