Hi all,

I have an old blackberry bold 9000, which ive kept despite being offered the newest curves etc because I still really like the phone.

Not long ago I connected it to my PC and updated the software on it for the first time in ages.

With the new software it installed it made things look graphically newer etc and was all very good, however one problem I have is that I now cannot unlock my keypad! I can lock it, but not unlock it.

The reason being is that the key at the top left of my phone (the mute key?) doesnt respond when pressed, and this is the final key I have to press to unlock the phone.

Is there any way I can change what key sequence I have to press to unlock the phone? I would like space, star, green for example as all these keys work!

If anyone can help that'd be great,

Thanks

Luke Hackett
    01-18-11 02:12 AM
    isnt it * and the "A" key?
    01-18-11 02:45 AM
    Nope! I press Star and the Green button and it says keypad is locked, press the mute button to unlock.

The mute button is in the top left of my screen right?

I had been using this phone happily with no issues like this and no having to press the mute button for about a year and a half before updating this software

Now I have to turn my phone off and back on again to unlock it!
    01-18-11 06:33 AM
    PS. on my phone * is the A key!
    01-18-11 06:34 AM
    sorry yea i dunno why i said that. there was a * something combo that unlocked i thought.
    01-18-11 09:12 AM
    All thhe 9000's I know, including my bro's, gets unlocked with * and Green.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-11 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD