just needed help .... say you get your phone unlocked then go to the U.S. and get an ATT sim card so you use it without roaming fees .... first off do you have to pay for activating that sim card and second is it good everytime you go back to the U.S. or do you have to buy a new Sim card everytime you go back .... thanks for helping
    04-06-13 09:49 AM
    just needed help .... say you get your phone unlocked then go to the U.S. and get an ATT sim card so you use it without roaming fees .... first off do you have to pay for activating that sim card and second is it good everytime you go back to the U.S. or do you have to buy a new Sim card everytime you go back .... thanks for helping
    You would pay a connection fee and for the plan of your choice. If you go back home and disconnect with att you would have to do the above everytime you come back and you would have a new number everytime.
    04-06-13 10:12 AM
    You would pay a connection fee and for the plan of your choice. If you go back home and disconnect with att you would have to do the above everytime you come back and you would have a new number everytime.
    any idea what that connection fee would be apprx.
    04-06-13 10:20 AM
    Pretty sure it's in the 35$ range.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:34 AM
    Isn't there prepaid data for AT&T? If you are abroad, prepaid data is your best choice.
    04-06-13 03:41 PM
    For sure prepaid would be the way to go!
    04-06-13 03:51 PM
    Well when I go to USA I use tmobile prepaid. Costs me $10. SIM card is included. I use $ 2 per day including data. Works great for me. If you have a balance on the prepaid it is good for 90 days. Then you have to add another $10. To keep your number active.
    04-06-13 09:54 PM
    [QUOTE=bold007;8273459]Well when I go to USA I use tmobile prepaid. Costs me $10. SIM card is included. I use $ 2 per day including data. Works great for me. If you have a balance on the prepaid it is good for 90 days. Then you have to add another $10. To keep your number active.[/QUO

how many call minutes are included on the $10 card
    04-07-13 02:00 PM
    [QUOTE=giancolap;8276637]
    Well when I go to USA I use tmobile prepaid. Costs me $10. SIM card is included. I use $ 2 per day including data. Works great for me. If you have a balance on the prepaid it is good for 90 days. Then you have to add another $10. To keep your number active.[/QUO

how many call minutes are included on the $10 card
    That depends on the person you are calling. Is it a land line? Is it another carrier? Is it an international call?

TMO-TMO, would be 12~ minutes. But do ask your carrier in order to get better rates
    04-07-13 02:18 PM
    My wife and I go down to Jamaica regularly and stay for an extended period from time to time. I always unlock my phones and use Digicel in Jamaica. I just pop in my Digicel sim and top it up whenever we go down. This is, of course, a pay-as-you-go system and not a contract. I would think (depending on how often you travel to the location you want to use your phone) that you would use the same pay-as-you-go system and just get the sim.
    I don't know about expiry on various cards...I would imagine that you would need to check with your intended carrier. I've had the same Digicel sim and number for Jamaica for the last 4 years...I just make sure the sim is topped up.
    04-07-13 02:18 PM