Hi All. I have been reading the threads on using the Unlocked Torch on T-Mobile so one can at least get the UMA and hopefully 3G to work, but cannot figure it out at all.

T-Mobile actually gave me the link to it but since they do not support it can't help me. Rim of course won't help either.

I tried the steps and cannot get them to work at all and I can't be the only one with this problem. Is there someone out there that can take the time to hopefully walk me through this please. There was something about engineering screens and passwords but can't get that to work either. The phone is awesome and I have had BB's since 2000, but this one has been so frustrating. It works with Edge of course and the phone works fine, but not the UMA and 3G. Thanks in advance.
    08-04-11 02:33 AM
    If you are talking about the original Torch 9800 that only came out on AT&T, you won't be able to have 3G on T-Mobile USA. As far as UMA, I would assume that if you tell T-Mobile you have a BB and have a BIS plan, with their service books... it should work, however, I wouldn't bet on it as I have a T-Mobile 9700 so might not be the best suggester as I have no experience with AT&T BBs on T-Mobile.
    jzorn likes this.
    08-04-11 03:04 AM
    Have you checked out this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ctions-513408/

...over in the Torch 9800 section of the forum?

(it's amazing the things you might find when you're looking in the section for your particular device... ).

You will not get 3G because T-Mobile uses totally different frequencies for their 3G from AT&T, which is what the Torch is set up for. But the 2G (Edge) frequencies are the same and compatible between the two carriers.
    08-04-11 08:43 AM
    Joel

Thanks, now why did I not think of that. Guess just tired of looking everywhere with a solution. Had just gotten off the phone with RIM which at first had told me they would help with it, then decided they would not.
    08-04-11 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD