Hey
    I've got an unlocked Rogers 9700, on the Fido (I guess Rogers) network (personal, not business phone).
    I'm traveling to Morocco Friday Dec.10 for 3 weeks. I've done some research already but I really need clarification from some experts, I'm just not finding the right/specific answers:
    Will my phone work in Morocco, is there BB there?
    If I am NOT on a travel plan with Fido, and turn ONLY my WiFi on, turn off the mobile network, will my WiFi not work?
    GPS not work?
    BBM not work?
    I've figured out I can recharge it just with an adapter (yeah for me! ), but the other questions above I'm just not 100% on.
    Thanks to all for your help, I truly appreciate it.
    Cheers
    12-08-10 03:02 PM
    Your BB will work in Morocco.. GPS will work once connected to WIFI, BBM will not work ...
    dravafox likes this.
    12-08-10 05:16 PM
    You should be fine with wifi. Just don't turn on the mobile network, there's a possible chance to loose servicebooks for wifi. I made that mistake in mexico. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    dravafox likes this.
    12-08-10 06:42 PM
    Under your Mobile Options, there's an option for data roaming. Set it to Off While Roaming. Then you can leave Mobile Network on. Might make it easier to stay connected to RIM.
    dravafox likes this.
    12-09-10 08:28 AM
    Your BB will work in Morocco.. GPS will work once connected to WIFI, BBM will not work ...
    So I do need some type of internet/data connection for GPS to work, I can't just be out in the Sahara and expect my BB to tell me where I am? Bummer. Not true GPS now is it then?

Thanks for your help!
    12-09-10 08:53 AM
    You should be fine with wifi. Just don't turn on the mobile network, there's a possible chance to loose servicebooks for wifi. I made that mistake in mexico. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Can you very quickly define servicebooks?
    Thanks for your help!
    12-09-10 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD