Hi I have Bold 9780 its 12 months old I have had it from new on contract, contract is finished but now I want to use my new T-mobile contract sim card in it. I have the unlock code but when I go to "advanced settings" then type "mepd" I get the menu pop up but then when I enter "mep2" I get nothing come up?? On the first drop down menu after "mepd" everything says "disabled" next to it. I have shut off all connections and have even tried it with no simcard in but still I cant get to the part where I can enter a code. Any help would be much appreciated thanks
    03-20-12 07:30 AM
    Try this

hold alt and type in mep2 technically it would be holding alt and pressing mepe.
    03-20-12 09:01 AM
    Thanks Troy but still doesnt work, I just cant seem to get the part up when it lets you enter the code. thanks again
    03-20-12 10:24 AM
    When a Blackberry is not unlocked mostly the Network line says "Active". if all the lines are flagged as disabled then it means that your Blackberry Bold 9780 is already unlocked.
    The unlock code is used only once and in your case it has been used already.. that's why you can't get the screen to enter the unlock code - it's unlocked!
    Rikki86 likes this.
    03-20-12 12:32 PM
    ^^that was going to be my next suggestion if it doesn't work.... It is probably already unlocked if nothing is popping up to enter
    03-20-12 01:57 PM
    You might need to switch it to 2G depending on what carrier it was locked to b4.
    03-20-12 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD