I don't really want a PKB on my mobile phone anymore thanks to improved VKBs and gestures on glass, but I would LOVE a universal remote control with the BlackBerry PKB. The current options for searching across multiple TV services and controlling 10-15 devices (including legacy audio devices) are either big and clumsy or slow. Something the size of a Passport would be awesome.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-01-19 05:06 PM
    Experience shows that the vast majority who want and need a universal remote don't want a PKB on it. People overwhelmingly choose candybar style remotes because they fit best in the hand, and if they want a PKB, they get a separate device that they don't have to use the majority of the time.

Audio/Video integration is my business, and I have never had a customer choose similar remotes when offered.
    09-01-19 09:50 PM
    Experience shows that the vast majority who want and need a universal remote don't want a PKB on it. People overwhelmingly choose candybar style remotes because they fit best in the hand, and if they want a PKB, they get a separate device that they don't have to use the majority of the time.

Audio/Video integration is my business, and I have never had a customer choose similar remotes when offered.
    I prefer push button programmables with LCD displays that I don't have to charge continously. If there are any decent PKB URCs that you know of, even if they are old, please mention them! I hate having one device for controlling components and another for searching.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-02-19 08:09 AM
    The Key3 won’t be a phone. It will be a TCL branded universal remote. There will also be a VKB style that will vaguely resemble the rumored Z50 from wherever dreams are buried...
    09-02-19 10:03 AM
    I wonder how many people need a controller for 10 - 15 items?

I know the Logitech Harmony Ultimate will handle that many, and it has a handy charging base.

Was easy to use the software to program it, everything I own was in it's database.

Was a lot cheaper than a Passport (at that time), and it's keys are already identified.
    09-03-19 10:25 AM
    I wonder how many people need a controller for 10 - 15 items?

I know the Logitech Harmony Ultimate will handle that many, and it has a handy charging base.

Was easy to use the software to program it, everything I own was in it's database.

Was a lot cheaper than a Passport (at that time), and it's keys are already identified.
    To each their own.

I need to control 20-40 devices , which is why I have slaves.
    09-03-19 06:32 PM