My boss has a Tour 9630 through Sprint, & the software is current.
    While at the airport, his screen displays "You have successfully checked-in. Please select the button below to display your mobile boarding pass."
    The "Mobile boarding pass" button does nothing.
    Sprint says "check with United Airlines to see if they have a different website to retrieve this information. This is a United Airlines website incompatibility issue with the Blackberry."
    I think if that were true, there would be lots of posts like mine. Might there be a security setting which needs to be altered to enable the "button"? Thanks!
    Jim
    08-02-10 05:05 PM
    Hello,
    Actually if you scroll right underneath the text in that box there is a spot where there is supposed to be a link.
    For some reason it does not show up (I have a 9700) however you can still click the blank area and it will open up the boarding pass.

United really needs to work on this in general. I travel on a weekly basis and see more people having issue with the mobile boarding pass and it takes a ton of time to clear security. Have seen the issues on both Blackberry and iPhones where the scanner at the port can not read it correctly or it takes many tries.
    Have seen 2 people sent back to the ticket lines to get a paper ticket. Bummer.
    Paper for me for the moment....

Hope this helps.
    08-02-10 05:26 PM
    I still use paper boarding passes.
    08-02-10 05:36 PM
    I have heard of the problems scanning the picture. One post suggested pressing Menu and selecting "show full image" which solved their problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 05:41 PM
    The user just tried these suggestions.
    Zipped, he was not able to locate the spot beneath the button text where the link should be.
    Albee 1, he was not able to find any menu item even similar to "show full image".
    Thanks for the input -- please let me know if you have any other ideas!
    08-03-10 09:03 AM
    I still use paper boarding passes.
    Well this was sure a helpful response!! Keep up the great tips!
    08-03-10 09:06 AM
    The user just tried these suggestions.
    Zipped, he was not able to locate the spot beneath the button text where the link should be.
    Albee 1, he was not able to find any menu item even similar to "show full image".
    Thanks for the input -- please let me know if you have any other ideas!
    1. Could it be a Javascript issue? Does the user have Javascript enabled in their browser?

2. Apologies this isn't for United, but Delta sends boarding passes as MMS. This worked very well for me on my Tour. The advantage of this is that there are no links, per se. The disadvantage is that it's slightly awkward on the BlackBerry ("slides" in a slideshow metaphor).
    08-03-10 09:09 AM
    You have to have an image first before you can select "show full image" or "show actual size" and move the cursor to it and press menu. So you still have to find the missing button. Sorry for the confusion. Would checking the "Support Embedded Media" box in Browser properties help?

Last edited by albee 1; 08-03-10 at 09:48 AM.
    08-03-10 09:45 AM
    I had an opportunity to look at the original email from United on both the users desktop email (Lotus Notes) and on his Tour. It looks like much gets lost going to the BB -- no hot links of any kind are in the message on the BB. Lindros2, I'll check the Javascript setting, but I'm starting to think that BES may need an update. I've scheduled that for this weekend.
    Albee 1 , thanks for elaborating on that menu item.
    I'll be back with an update . . .
    08-03-10 05:58 PM
    Your welcome Charles, we'll all be here when you get it figured out. See you then!

08-03-10 06:07 PM
    Well this was sure a helpful response!! Keep up the great tips!
    Yes, it was very helpful.
    I think I saved Haiti with that post.
    08-03-10 06:09 PM
    I had a problem with the native browser not showing the scan code image
    It worked fine using Opera Mini 5.1 but since switching from my Tour to a Bold 9650 with a track pad Opera Mini is unusable because of the track pad issue.
    With using the native browser the image wouldn't display and when using the menu "Get Full Image" while the arrow is over the red "X" I would get an error message.
    I quick chat with Verizon tech support and we found this knowledge base ticket

I still have to hit "get full image" but it does now actually load the scan code. I like to save the image as a jpeg on unit just in case I don't have a signal when baording (which is what happened to my girlfriend and her Iphone)

I hope this helps

-mickey

POST FAIL: I guess I'm too newb to post links so you'll have to go find it yourself. The article # is KB15117 on the Blackberry dot com slash support page
    12-20-10 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD