My wife and I both have BB's and our own laptops that we use to sync our BB's to using BB Desktop Manager. I installed BB Unite on a 24/7 XP desktop so we could share calendar and contact info as the hype promises. The Unite software requires that DM be installed before it installs (which is not documented anywhere in the sys req's or other documentation for Unite) so DM is installed on the desktop. Setup of the Unite software requires that the BB's be connected via USB to the desktop.

After successfully getting the BB's to share contact/calendar items last night (wirelessly), I hooked up both BB's to their respective laptops via USB cables for a DM snyc this morning. Instead of syncing like it normally does, I get this error in DM: "Synchronization is currently unavailable for:" Address Book etc "Because the applicaiton(s) is (are) configured for wireless synchronization. Desktop synchronization for the above application(s) will be disabled." Oh the horror.

Now, I figured out how to go into the BB and turn off "wireless synchronization" so that it will sync again using DM on my laptop....but my question is this: Does turning off wireless sync on the BB prevent Unite from doing it's magic? And if so, does that mean that when using Unite with BB's you cannot sync to your own personal data on your computer and instead all BB's using Unite must sync to the server only.... I'm confused and the documentation that is published is sparse at best.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    01-20-09 08:15 AM
    I had the same issue, which is why I removed Unite. It seems strange that they think that just because you have wireless sync to a shared address book/calendar that you wouldn't want to be able to sync to your own separate address book/calendar.
    01-28-09 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD