It is unfathomable that after over 2 years this is still an issue for me-img_20150715_202518.png

Phone is extremely hot daily now, battery drain is excessive. So tired of it.
    07-15-15 10:26 PM
    Your pin services is really high, I would check to see if you can find out why.
    07-15-15 10:29 PM
    Your pin services is really high, I would check to see if you can find out why.
    Or the OP should
    Reload the OS �
    anon(9208252) and PatrickMJS like this.
    07-15-15 10:39 PM
    Not sure if this will actually help or not but I do recall a few times my 9900 and Q10 had gotten quite hot as a result of intense use. BBM, email, conference calls and web surfing at the same time.

In any event I did a few hard restarts and a battery pull and waited for everything to cool down. I know that battery pulls aren't required on BB10 but I have found a dozen or so times where the battery has cooled down a bit and the phone has returned to normal operation.

These are complicated little devices and sometimes they need to chill out, ya know?

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    TomTrocc likes this.
    07-15-15 10:49 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150715_202518.png 
Views:	2760 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	362659

Phone is extremely hot daily now, battery drain is excessive. So tired of it.
    Let me guess you've just updated to 10.3.2?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-15-15 10:49 PM
    Not sure if this will actually help or not but I do recall a few times my 9900 and Q10 had gotten quite hot as a result of intense use. BBM, email, conference calls and web surfing at the same time.

In any event I did a few hard restarts and a battery pull and waited for everything to cool down. I know that battery pulls aren't required on BB10 but I have found a dozen or so times where the battery has cooled down a bit and the phone has returned to normal operation.

These are complicated little devices and sometimes they need to chill out, ya know?

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    You can't battery pull a Z30... and I wouldn't ever recommend one. Restarting or hard reset with volume buttons is all I'd do. When installing an update it's best to leave it alone plugged in and on stable WiFi.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-15-15 10:51 PM
    PIM is always high after an update. It will settle down unless the OS didn't install correctly.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-15-15 10:52 PM
    PIM is always high after an update. It will settle down unless the OS didn't install correctly.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    This. It needs to settle in and index stuff. If it hasn't returned to normal let's say in a week, you probably have a problem... :-)

�   "BB Android Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."   �
    07-15-15 11:18 PM
    No I haven't updated in a few weeks. I've dealt with this since the launch of bb10 on multiple devices. It's email related
    07-15-15 11:29 PM
    That sucks OP. I remember my Z10s used to get super hot a lot.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-15-15 11:42 PM
    If PM services has consistently been high for you through all of your BlackBerry devices, then that's where we need to look.

Are you syncing to more than one contact list? Maybe you have some type of infinite loop situation going on. What is your exact email setup/contact/calendar setup?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    07-16-15 01:54 AM
    This. It needs to settle in and index stuff. If it hasn't returned to normal let's say in a week, you probably have a problem... :-)

Love the new avatar Prem!

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    07-16-15 02:19 AM
    If PM services has consistently been high for you through all of your BlackBerry devices, then that's where we need to look.

Are you syncing to more than one contact list? Maybe you have some type of infinite loop situation going on. What is your exact email setup/contact/calendar setup?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    packet tracing shows that my phone is repeatedly failing sync on exchange accounts, it's a bug, clearly, I've even reported it to BB with logs. It's happened from the start of BB10. A restart will temporarily fix it, but eventually it comes back, it seems to be triggered by loss of service, and service coming back up, but I'm a sysadmin, I'm in and out of basements, service areas all the time. I wish their reports weren't encrypted so I could actually see it.
    07-16-15 07:32 PM
    Unfortunately I've been unable to resolve this issue, my boss is also having it as well as a few folks beneath me. It's now been decided that since this issue is persistent and BB seems to have no clue on how to fix it that we will be moving ~400 devices off our BES that are currently BB10 devices. I can't argue against it anymore. I've been doing it for over 2 years now. Nobody feels the devices are professional level. Almost everyone has heat issues, sync issues, battery issues. These are extremely basic configurations also. Just an exchange account will cause PIM drain to the point where batteries are only lasting a couple of hours tops. What used to be the bread and butter, email, is now what has us moving away. I'll still have my personal one, but this marks the end of a decade long relationship.
    07-20-15 12:50 AM
    Unfortunately I've been unable to resolve this issue, my boss is also having it as well as a few folks beneath me. It's now been decided that since this issue is persistent and BB seems to have no clue on how to fix it that we will be moving ~400 devices off our BES that are currently BB10 devices. I can't argue against it anymore. I've been doing it for over 2 years now. Nobody feels the devices are professional level. Almost everyone has heat issues, sync issues, battery issues. These are extremely basic configurations also. Just an exchange account will cause PIM drain to the point where batteries are only lasting a couple of hours tops. What used to be the bread and butter, email, is now what has us moving away. I'll still have my personal one, but this marks the end of a decade long relationship.
    Wow that really sucks, what a bitter pill to swallow, kudos to you for continuing with a BlackBerry for personal use given your experience.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 01:22 AM
    I'm in and out of basements, service areas all the time.
    It's unfathomable that you're having this issue after two years? I'd say it's unfathomable that you're blaming battery/overheating issues on BlackBerry when you admit you are in and out of service areas all the time. Any phone that is constantly losing, searching for, and regaining signal would have battery drain and obviously the email syncing could get interrupted if the signal was lost in the middle of syncing. That is not a bug and would not be fixed by switching to Android. Of course BlackBerry can't do anything to fix you going out of the service area.
    07-20-15 02:50 AM
    It's unfathomable that you're having this issue after two years? I'd say it's unfathomable that you're blaming battery/overheating issues on BlackBerry when you admit you are in and out of service areas all the time. Any phone that is constantly losing, searching for, and regaining signal would have battery drain and obviously the email syncing could get interrupted if the signal was lost in the middle of syncing. That is not a bug and would not be fixed by switching to Android. Of course BlackBerry can't do anything to fix you going out of the service area.
    no, you really should have read what I posted better. This isn't battery drain from service drops. We can see BB10 get in a loop with PIM services, specifically registration verification on exchange accounts. The phones will continually attempt to contact the exchange server, only the exchange server / routers never see this, the phone is attempting something as a process but the process never manifests past the devices. This isn't a personal issue, this is affecting an entire fleet of BES devices. It's also painfully documented on these forums as a continual issue for others as well. No sorry, this is not me not being able to figure something out or daily use, this is a major software issue in BB10. We also have iOS and Android devices syning with the same exchange server and policies, even the same accounts. The other platforms have never experienced this.
    07-20-15 02:55 AM
    no, you really should have read what I posted better. This isn't battery drain from service drops. We can see BB10 get in a loop with PIM services, specifically registration verification on exchange accounts. The phones will continually attempt to contact the exchange server, only the exchange server / routers never see this, the phone is attempting something as a process but the process never manifests past the devices. This isn't a personal issue, this is affecting an entire fleet of BES devices. It's also painfully documented on these forums as a continual issue for others as well. No sorry, this is not me not being able to figure something out or daily use, this is a major software issue in BB10. We also have iOS and Android devices syning with the same exchange server and policies, even the same accounts. The other platforms have never experienced this.
    Does it happen to every BlackBerry phone you sync with your exchange server?

By the way I have 3 different emails on 3 different exchange servers on my passport and my pim is super low.

I can also tell you that 10.3.2 has made pim more efficient and responsive for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 08:05 PM

That's not new he had that from time now he just went back to it.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    07-20-15 09:35 PM
    @ 36 % that's ridiculously high never seen that before. But your problems sound like a z10 problem though. As well something smells fishy here, you are telling me all the phones experiencing this in one company? Hmmm idk....

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    07-20-15 09:41 PM
    Katiepea has had issues with Z10's since BB10 launched. Lol. I'm surprised we don't hear more horror stories like this. Something just doesn't seem right. I'm also surprised there isn't more admins here to help and this is rather just becoming a complaint thread. I've hooked up Q10s to an exchange server on a small scale but nothing this big. I've never heard of problems like that, but I will admit it's not my expertise anyway.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-20-15 09:54 PM
    Dumb question but have you tried to reload the OS, not reload a backup, install only the faulty email account, and try it?
    Other than that there is nothing to do. You're on the latest OS right?
    07-20-15 10:42 PM

(ot)

I've worn The M.A.S.K. before... ;-D

(every now and then it's time for a change!)

edit:
    In fact, I'm "wearing" it daily, lots of fun, pun(s), jokes and pranks, but never really out to hurt anyone! :-)))

Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 07-21-15 at 02:35 AM.
    07-21-15 01:58 AM
    Katiepea has had issues with Z10's since BB10 launched. Lol. I'm surprised we don't hear more horror stories like this. Something just doesn't seem right. I'm also surprised there isn't more admins here to help and this is rather just becoming a complaint thread. I've hooked up Q10s to an exchange server on a small scale but nothing this big. I've never heard of problems like that, but I will admit it's not my expertise anyway.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    This does seem to be a rather unique case, thus the lack of advice from others. There are thousands upon thousands of BES installations on exchange servers out there that are not having these issues. Hard to understand why all of the devices at one specific company are experiencing it. One would logically infer a problem with the company's setup.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-21-15 02:06 AM
    Wiped personal device, didn't attach exchange account, added 1 gmail account, 2 days later, look what's back...

If I could actually look at the logs on the phone I'm confident I could troubleshoot it, but as it stands I cannot as they're encrypted. I have no tools as a admin to diagnose the issue and it's ignored by BB.

it's not just me either, and this isn't a z10, it's a z30, if you search PIM battery, there's an awful lot of people who are experiencing it as well..

78% battery usage in the last 12 hours, the device is unusable.
    It is unfathomable that after over 2 years this is still an issue for me-snr5rcv.png
    07-22-15 06:53 PM
26 12