Ok... I'm officially stuck.

I have an 8320 with T-Mobile. Sounds like, from everything I've read, I'm going to need a Bluetooth GPS Receiver.

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks.
    08-03-09 03:18 PM
    Rather than buying a bluetooth and then paying $10 a month for a marginal app(most of them are marginal imo)I would just cough up the $200 for a garmin and have a nav system I know will work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 05:45 PM
    I use a Freedom 2000 keychain puck and I have been very satisfied with it. The battery lasts me probably 4-6 hours of continuous use. I have used it with Navigation apps like Nav4all and AmazeGPS, and geocaching with BlackStar, Google Maps and BB Maps.

It is very accurate. Fairly inexpensive.

I have not tried any other pucks so I cannot say how it compares.
    08-06-09 11:20 AM
    There are only a few different GPS chipsets out there to be shared among all the hundreds of GPS pucks.

You'll find GPS with 51 channels, 66 channels, etc. Folks will say "so what there's only 3 or 4 visible satellites at a time". But I'm pretty sure each satellite broadcasts on different channels for position, almanac, etc. So more channels is best.

I've got a GlobalTop G66 that works great except for the 2-3hr battery life. For the life of me I can't remember which chipset it uses, maybe MTK? It'll receive on something like 51 channels. Cost me $50 bucks online.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 08:08 AM
    your bb doesn't have GPS builtin?
    08-07-09 01:32 PM
    your bb doesn't have GPS builtin?
    No, the 8320 didn't have i built in. I just ordered a bluetooth puck from buygpsnow.com, I got the Gosget Bluetooth GPS Receiver SB-369 (WAAS enabled)

Figured for the price ($35 bucks), I would give it a try, and it came with a free mount, and a car charger.

The main page link for all of them are...
    Bluetooth GPS Receiver, Holux, iBlue, Globalsat,HAicom, Emtac, Wintec

Someone also recommended this one..
    Qstarz BT-Q890 Keychain Nano Bluetooth GPS Receiver

Guess it realy depends on how much you want to spend.
    08-30-09 06:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD